F1 » Ricciardo: I'm not here to run around in tenth place

Daniel Ricciardo admits that he feels 'very very good' about finally being revealed as Sebastian Vettel's team-mate for 2014.

mrfill

September 03, 2013 2:20 AM

I reckon he'll do ok once he gets a couple of podiums (which I'm sure he is capable of). I'm glad that RBR decided to look to the future rather than buy in an established driver.

It will be interesting to see just how much faster he is in the RBR compared to the TR.

Firestorm

September 03, 2013 2:42 AM

Does anyone of you guys think that he will take his maiden victory next year? I know that's to early and much will depend on the speed of the RB10 but assuming that we will have at least three top teams in 2014 and Red Bull being of them, in a competitive field like this does Riccardo has any chance of winning. The RB9 might be the best car on the 2013 grid and until now Webber hadn't win a single race. So what will happen with Dan?

bob jane

September 03, 2013 3:07 AM

Fire l think he has a chance of winning , if the rb10 is as DOM as this year..Seb wont be on the money every race.......prolly comes down to where the RB is in the 14 field next year.

rou

September 03, 2013 3:09 AM

Webber has been compromised with his dismal starts and always having to fight his way back through the field, with Daniel I would be highly surprised if he is unable to get his maiden victory because I do believe he has the ability to fight with the top dogs although I'm sure the soon to be 4x world champion will not make life easy for him in that number 1 bull. With all young drivers you never know what there capable until there put under the pressure of being expected to deliver consistent point finishes on a consistent basis. I do expect him to be fighting for championships in the not to far future and wish him the best of luck.

JohnMarston

September 03, 2013 3:52 AM

A newy designed car is always going to be towards the front of the grid... They faired pretty well last time there was major regulation changes in 2009. He might not be able to fight for wins right off the batt, but I believe by Brazil he'll have his maiden win under his belt.

siteofsteele1

September 03, 2013 4:34 AM

Dan is going to have a great car next year and he won't have to kill off 2 extra sets of tyres to make it to Q3. The way he has qualified this year I expect him to be matching Seb by Round 4 and being 50:50 with him in the all important quali battle. That is half the battle, the other half is the start when you are at the front. Lots of surprises next year I think.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8  »