Andretti Autosport owner Michael Andretti - who had been invited to participate in the protest hearing because of the team's obvious interest in the outcome - was delighted that his driver's win had been ratified. "We are very pleased with the decision given by the committee on the New Hampshire race finish," he said. "We at Andretti Autosport believed all along that Ryan was the winner of the MoveThatBlock.com Indy 225 and this decision verifies his victory."
"I have always felt that we won the race in New Hampshire," said Hunter-Reay. "The conditions were not ideal that day. And a proper decision needed to be made."
Andretti said he was pleased the matter had been resolved ahead of back-to-back road races in Sonoma and Baltimore, starting this weekend. "We can now focus on getting back to victory lane at those races," he said.
The ruling can still be protested by the two teams up until 5pm local time on Friday, August 26.
Even if the protest had been successful, its scope had been limited to consider only the top three positions and would not have affected drivers such as Danica Patrick or Will Power who crashed at the final restart and could have lost a number of positions and points if the entire final running order had stood to be rewritten.