Former Formula 1 duo Alexander Rossi and Max Chilton are set to make their rookie outings at this year's 100th running of the Indianapolis 500.
The legendary oval event is set to take place on 29th May and after the official entry list had been published it was confirmed both Rossi and Chilton will make their debuts at the event after leaving F1.
Former Caterham and Manor Marussia driver Rossi heads into the event having claimed his best result of the season last weekend with tenth at Indianpolis Motor Speedway on the road course configuration and racing for Andretti Autosport is relishing the prospect of just his second-ever Oval event.
Ex-Marussia driver Chilton graduated from Indy Lights last year and after missing the start of the Freedom 100 at Indianapolis is preparing for only his fourth Oval event with Chip Ganassi Racing.
"I've never been to the Indy 500 so to be here for the month of May and feel the excitement around it is incredible," Chilton said. "You really do get a sense of what a big occasion this is for all the fans, drivers and teams. We're all looking forward to the 100th running of the Indy 500."
Six former Indy 500 winners are also included on the entry list including fellow former F1 star Juan Pablo Montoya along with three-time winner Helio Castroneves, 1996 winner Buddy Lazier, 2008 winner Scot Dixon, 2013 winner Tony Kanaan and 2014 winner Ryan Hunter-Reay.
Runaway IndyCar championship leader Simon Pagenaud is hunting a maiden win at the event and is in hot form after three consecutive wins.
"This year's Indy 500 field contains all of the ingredients and storylines of a legendary race and sets the stage for this historic 100th running," Indianapolis Motor Speedway President J. Douglas Boles, said.
"I know IMS fans are looking forward to every minute of practice and qualification action as the stars of the Verizon IndyCar Series compete to drink milk on May 29."
Click here for full 100th running of Indianapolis 500 entry list