Le Mans » Davidson suffers broken back

Anthony Davidson breaks his back in Le Mans accident

JOHN - Unregistered

June 17, 2012 3:12 AM

Tough luck indeed but a relief he's ok. What's amazing about these guys is their incredible fitness levels. He got out of his car by himself then 'tried to repair it' according to the reports - all with a broken back....If this happened to most of us I'm sure we wouldn't be able to move an inch- let alone get out and 'try and repair the car'! Incredible. NASA Astronaut fitness these drivers have. Best wishes to Anthony and hope he makes full recovery.

Josh - Unregistered

June 17, 2012 6:06 AM

Mental crash, sad that Davidson and co's race was ended by no fault of their own. So bummed for Toyota, but what a stunning LM debut. Once again those pesky Ferrari's just don't want to get out of the way. Glad Ant is okay, though.

Dee - Unregistered

June 17, 2012 9:56 AM

Seeing this takes me back to when Webber flipped his Le Mans car not once but twice at the same race meet. He was shaken but otherwise unhurt. While it's horrible news that Ant has been injured, and my sympathy goes out to him, I am just so glad that it didn't turn out much worse. I love motorsport and I love close racing, and I must admit that I also like the odd spectacular crash, but the last thing I want to see is anyone injured. Hope you have a quick recovery, Ant.

Diarmuid - Unregistered

June 17, 2012 11:24 AM

surviving a broken back does not have much to do with fitness but a lot to do wit luck. It is common to break your back and not realise it for weaks, it doesnt mean you are fit.

SHAKEN - Unregistered

June 17, 2012 3:24 PM

Saw video of crash. The guardrail/ barrier was too close and if anything perhaps didn't even need to be there at all, its senseless. If it was in the middle of straight (Mulsanne) car would've just gone straight on, if it was at end of straight, braking point should've much further back to allow more run off. I wouldn't race there for no amount of money. Glad Ant is ok though despite broken back.

JOHN - Unregistered

June 17, 2012 3:31 PM

@Diarmuid

You maybe right but unless you're speaking from experience (whether you broke your back or not...), its bloody painful. I almost broke mine and never experienced such excruciating pain immediately. Just said to myself 'never knew a man could suffer this much...' That was even worse than a broken ankle and hand (separate incidents). This is a fit man here with no health or weight problems either!!!

Lesro - Unregistered

June 17, 2012 4:50 PM

I watched the car go airborne lots of drivers have survived broken backs and gone on to be world champion Nigel Mansell true brit good luck Ant and hopefully a full recovery. Must get you back to F1 show on sky.

You also need to get back to Top Gear.

Kiko - Unregistered

June 17, 2012 7:49 PM

SHAKEN, the barrier has to be there otherwise the cars fall into a fountain in the middle of a roundabout. I can't see any other alternative.

1 2  »