Le Mans » 11 March 2013
Extra entries for Silverstone opener
A field of 35 cars set to compete in the opening round of the World Endurance Championship at Silverstone
The FIA has announced an additional entries three entries for the World Endurance Championship season opener, the 6 hours of Silverstone, on April 14 – bringing the total number of competitors up to 35.
The LMP1 category sees reigning world champions Audi enter a virtually unchanged driver line up, with Marcel Fassler, Andre Lotterer and Benoit Treluyer occupying the #1 Audi R18 e-tron Quattro, and Loic Duval joining Tom Kristensen and Allan McNish in the sister car.
Rivals Toyota field the same pairings that it competed with last year.
Elsewhere in LMP1, Swiss-based privateers Rebellion Racing will field another Lola Toyota alongside its full-season entry, meaning seven cars in class.
LMP2 has seen the 12-car category grow to 14, with OAK Racing and the Chinese KCMG team both entering Morgan Nissans into the event. The latter will compete in the Asian Le Mans Series this year but has also secured an entry to Le Mans in the summer.
In the LMGTE Pro class, all but AF-Corse have confirmed their driver line ups, but it is expected that when the Italian outfit does so, Giancarlo Fisichella and Kamui Kobayashi will feature. The class will also mark the arrival of Bruno Senna in the WEC, as he pairs up with France's Frederic Makowiecki in the #99 works Aston Martin Racing V8 Vantage, with Darren Turner joining Stefan Mucke in the #97 car.
Porsche also returns with a works with two Manthey run 911 RSRs occupied by Jorg Bergmeister, Patrick Pilet and Timo Bernhard in the #91 car, with Marc Lieb, Richard Lietz and Romain Dumas in the team's other car.
Similarly, the LMGTE Am category is all but confirmed, with just Krohn Racing, 8 Star Motorsports and Proton Competition yet to confirm their line-ups for the Silverstone race.
All four categories will also see a high number of British drivers taking part in the event, with 17 of the 64 entries seeing Silverstone as their home race.
Silverstone 6 Hours entry list:
1. Lotterer/Treluyer/Fassler Audi Sport Team Joest Audi R18 e-tron quattro LMP1
2. Kristensen/McNish/Duval Audi Sport Team Joest Audi R18 e-tron quattro LMP1
7. Wurz/Lapierre Toyota Racing Toyota TS030 hybrid LMP1
8. Davidson/Buemi/Sarrazin Toyota Racing Toyota TS030 hybrid LMP1
12. Prost/Jani/Heidfeld Rebellion Racing Lola B12/60-Toyota LMP1
13. Belicchi/Beche/Chen Rebellion Racing Lola B12/60-Toyota LMP1
21. Leventis/Watts/Kane Strakka Racing HPD ARX-03c LMP1
24 Pla/Heinemeir Hansson/Brundle OAK Racing Morgan-Nissan LMP2
25. Martin/TBA/TBA Delta-ADR Oreca 03-Nissan LMP2
26. Rusinov/TBA/TBA G-Drive Racing Oreca 03-Nissan LMP2
28. Giroix/TBA/TBA Gulf Racing Middle East Lola B12/80 Coupe-Nissan LMP2
29. Fatien/TBA/TBA Gulf Racing Middle East Lola B12/80 Coupe-Nissan LMP2
30. Kennard/TBA HVM Status GP Lola B12/80 Coupe-Judd LMP2
31. Weeda/Rossiter/Liuzzi Lotus Lotus T128 LMP2
32. Holzer/TBA/TBA Lotus Lotus T128 LMP2
35. Baguette/Gonzalez/Plowman OAK Racing Morgan-Nissan LMP2
41. Zugel/TBA/TBA Greaves Motorsport Zytek Nissan LMP2
44. Popow/Dalziel/TBA Starworks Motorsport HPD ARX-03b LMP2
45. Nicolet/TBA/TBA OAK Racing Morgan-Nissan LMP2
47. Imperatori/Howson/Ka To KCMG Morgan-Nissan LMP2
49. Companc/Minassian/Kaffer Pecom Racing Oreca 03-Nissan LMP2
51. Bruni/TBA AF Corse Ferrari 458 Italia GTE-Pro
71. Beretta/TBA AF Corse Ferrari 458 Italia GTE-Pro
91. Lieb/Lietz/Dumas Porsche AG Team Manthey Porsche 911 RSR GTE-Pro
92. Bergmeister/Pilet/Berhard Porsche AG Team Manthey Porsche 911 RSR GTE-Pro
97. Turner/Mucke Aston Martin Racing Aston Martin Vantage V8 GTE-Pro
99. Makowiecki/Senna Aston Martin Racing Aston Martin Vantage V8 GTE-Pro
50. Bornhauser/Canal/Rees Larbre Competition Corvette C6 ZR-1 GTE-Am
57. Krohn/Jonsson/TBA Krohn Racing Ferrari 458 Italia GTE-Am
61. Gerber/Griffin/Cioci AF Corse Ferrari 458 Italia GTE-Am
76. Narac/Bourret/Verney IMSA Performance MATMUT Porsche 911 GT3 RSR GTE-Am
81. Pottolicchio/TBA/TBA 8 Star Motorsport Ferrari 458 Italia GTE-Am
88. Ried/Roda/TBA Proton Competition Porsche 911 GT3 RSR GTE-Am
95. Simonsen/Nygaard/Poulsen Aston Martin Racing Aston Martin Vantage V8 GTE-Am
96. Goethe/Hall/Campbell-Walter Aston Martin Racing Aston Martin Vantage V8 GTE-Am
By George East
Tagged as: Ferrari , Silverstone , Toyota , Lola , Aston Martin , Morgan , Audi , Nissan , Porsche , Oreca , LMP2 , LMP1 , GTE-Pro , world endurance championship , WEC
Click on relevant pic to enlarge [NEW FEATURE]
Start the conversation - Add your comment
Although the administrators and moderators of this website will attempt to keep all objectionable comments off these pages, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the poster, and neither Crash Media Group nor Crash.Net will be held responsible for the content of any message. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. If you find a message objectionable, please contact us and inform us of the problem or use the [report] function next to the offending post. Any message that does not conform with the policy of this service can be edited or removed with immediate effect.