BACK TO CRASH.NET
Crash.Net MOTO-X News
FIM rule changes include long hair, gloves
1 January 1901
The Motocross/SuperMoto Grand Prix Commission - composed of Wolfgang Srb, president of the CMS/FIM, Giuseppe Luongo, president of Youthstream, and Takanao Tsubouchi, MSMA secretary general - has decided to introduce the following changes to the Regulations, all for application as from 1.01.2009:
- All Motocross and SuperMoto Regulations (Rider Behaviour and Assistance):
"Marshals are not allowed to assist riders to re-start their motorcycles."
- All Motocross and SuperMoto Regulations (Rider Apparel):
"Long hair must be contained within the helmet."
- All Motocross Regulations (Rider Apparel):
"Gloves must be worn at the start of each practice, qualification or race."
- FIM Junior + Women's Motocross World Championship (Rider Behaviour and Assistance):
"Riders may not use any starting aid devices. However, starting blocks are allowed."
- FIM Women's Motocross World Championship (Number Plates):
"The following colour schemes shall be used: Blue background - White numbers/FIM logo. The following colours shall be used, following the RAL colour table, i.e.: Blue 5005"
- All Motocross Regulations: All the relevant articles concerning the free practices, pre-qualifying practices and qualifying races as well as the time tables to be adjusted.
- MX3 (Motorcycles and Classes): “MX1 and MX2 motorcycles may also participate in the MX3 class.”
- The FIM Junior Motocross World Championship will have an additional class as of 1.01.2010: 65cc with a minimum age of 10 years and a maximum age of 12 years. There will be two separate races of 15 minutes + 2 laps each. All the classes (65cc, 85cc, 125cc) will be exclusively 2-stroke.
- As of 1.01.2010, Biofuels will be allowed in all CMS disciplines incl. E10 and E85
BACK TO CRASH.NET