Reed won the $1,500 Progressive Holeshot Award with Yamaha's Josh Hill and Honda's Davi Millsaps following closely in second and third respectively.
Hill crashed on the opening lap, allowing Millsaps through into second place. Millsaps then went down on lap 2, handing the position to Honda's Kevin Windham... who crashed on lap seven and gave the number-two position back to Millsaps!
On lap 15 Windham re-passed Millsaps for second place, but Reed was out of reach and has now built his title lead back up to 20 points over 'K-Dub'.
"I think this year we have been saying that each race gets tougher and tougher," said Reed. "I did not want to crash in the main like I have in the last few races. The track had a lot of ruts and you had to be smart. We had a great week off, and I flew home to Australia."
After starting the AMA Supercross Lites class main event in third place, Honda's Shaun Skinner moved into the lead by the end of the opening lap and ran away with the next 14 laps en route to victory. He was challenged early by his team-mate Kyle Cunningham, but a crash on lap two set Cunningham back several positions.
"That was a long race," said Skinner. "I rode smart and smooth tonight. I tried to find a good line and keep moving forward. Our team swept the podium tonight, so we are really happy."
AMA Supercross Class Results, Toronto
1. Chad Reed, Tampa, Fla., Yamaha
2. Kevin Windham, Centreville, Miss., Honda
3. Davi Millsaps, Cairo, Ga., Honda
4. Andrew Short, Smithville, Texas, Honda
5. Josh Hill, Yoncalla, Ore., Yamaha
6. Nick Wey, Dewitt, Mich., KTM
7. Tim Ferry, Dade City, Fla., Kawasaki
8. Troy Adams, Homosassa, Fla., Honda
9. Charles Summey, Huntersville, N.C., Yamaha
10. Jason Thomas, Melrose, Fla., Honda
AMA Supercross Class Season Standings
1. Chad Reed, Tampa, Fla., Yamaha, 262
2. Kevin Windham, Centreville, Miss., Honda, 242
3. Andrew Short, Smithville, Texas, Honda, 190
4. Davi Millsaps, Cairo, Ga., Honda, 184
5. Tim Ferry, Largo, Fla., Kawasaki, 151
6. Joshua Hill, Yoncalla, Ore., Yamaha, 151
7. Nathan Ramsey, Menifee, Calif., Yamaha, 137
8. David Vuillemin, Murrieta, Calif., Suzuki, 123
9. Nick Wey, Dewitt, Mich., KTM, 110
10. Paul Carpenter, Ithaca, N.Y., Honda, 107
AMA Supercross Lites Class Results, Toronto
1. Shaun Skinner, Stuart, Fla., Honda
2. Matt Boni, Oviedo, Fla., Honda
3. Kyle Cunningham, Fort Worth, Texas, Honda
4. Brady Sheren, Surrey, B.C., Suzuki
5. Kyle Tobin, Climax, Ga., Kawasaki
6. Levi Kilbarger, Logan, Ohio, Honda
7. Nathan Skaggs, Bainbridge, Ohio, Honda
8. Kyle Keylon, Brooksville, Fla., Honda
9. Ryan Lockhart, Spring Hill, NS, KTM
10. Jack Carpenter, Ithaca, N.Y., Honda