MotoGP » Stoner: We were too confident last year

Ronald Revsak

April 08, 2009 7:58 AM

Sorry for changing the topic slightly but I've just tried to record the races on my V box. 125's & 250's are live on eurosport, then there's a review of the 2008 season & then after that are highlights of the Moto GP race. Thinking that it must be on BBC I checked on there. BBC aren't showing the race at all on Sunday, instead we get hours of golf. They have a season preview for half hour on Sat but the race isn't on until Monday!!!! WTF!!! This just shows the level of commitment to bikes the BBC have!

Thank you to every man woman & child that complained to the BBC, Eurosport, Dorna & thank you to Eurosport for doing their best, without them we wouldn't have Moto GP in the UK.

SterlingC - Unregistered

April 08, 2009 8:58 AM

Here we go agaain. It seems that Stoner has always been faster than Rossi in testing, but I've noticed that Rossi is at his best when there's someone else on track with him. I've enjoyed watching him start from mid-pack (or worse) and work his way through the field to finish first. That's real racing, and that is what pays the bills come race day.

No doubt, this season will come down to a Rossi/Stoner battle, and I'd expect Stoner to have a better start position in most races. I also expect Rossi to be right there at about midpoint through the race. I expect Pedrosa and Lorenzo to make it interesting in some races but ultimately crack under the pressure of racing w/ Rossi & Stoner

coyote - Unregistered

April 08, 2009 11:24 AM

Why do some people here think that Stoner will be able to beat Rossi in a head to head battle when he couldnt do that even with a far superior pace in Laguna Seca. I doubt there is any bike that Stoner could use to beat Rossi in a battle so why would he be able to do that with a Ducati, bike that isnt suited to a battle?

Duke @ ee

April 08, 2009 12:23 PM

To Confident....what a joke you are and what the fook are you doing here as no one agrees with you anyway.
This is a Motogp site where some people would like to talk some sense, but instead idiots like you come along and want to dribble sh1t, come on be a real man and register or dont you have the balls to talk about guys that put there lives on the line at speeds you could only dream about......your a waste of space mate along with the rest of your childish playground idiots.

Nigel Tasker

April 08, 2009 1:40 PM

waz,
I don't mind being called a fanboy at all, as for the other part of your post, I was merely pointing out what another poster had said.

Now if you think that certain posters post's are sh1t then that's your view but there is no need to get personal.

Dray - Unregistered

April 08, 2009 1:48 PM

A win is a win...as long as this is understood, then the 2006 WC is a winner of that Year. Congrats due to the 2006 WC from the MC Foundation. Approx 4 days and we will know who is the winner for Qatar. I went back and looked at last year race (2008) at Qatar and felt good that my belief that Rossi could sneek in there and win it. He was leading that race for some time even though it was his 1st outing with the BS tyres. When it faltered midway and he was relagated to 5th, Lorenzo took up the challenge for sometime on his Michelins. Ultimately Casey won that race, but it showed that the M1 could compete with the GP8. This year most bikes are pretty close, so I hope for better races. Go Vale!

notso - Unregistered

April 08, 2009 2:00 PM

I really couldn't care less about all this rossi / stoner fanboy rubbish etc.
All I hope for is some really competitive, edge-of-your-seat racing and a championship that goes down to the wire...
Bring it on!