MotoGP » Stoner: No problems at all.

FreQ

April 13, 2009 11:25 PM

Great ride from Casey, 46 just wasn't fast enough round here.

Best bits about this race:
- The rain yesterday, that was pretty exciting :)
- Eurosport showed it LIVE :-o

Honestly. The best thing Dorna could do (to save costs too) would be to ditch the 800's and pull out the old 990's from 2006. Ban rider aids.

How sweet would that be :D

Chris - Unregistered

April 13, 2009 11:30 PM

I agree. Rider aids need to go away. No traction control, no wheelie control, etc. Let the wrist and feet be the determinant of skill, not computers.

Bob Buttamasangy - Unregistered

April 14, 2009 12:14 AM
Last Edited 1931 days ago

Geeeezzz, how boring!..............................
If only the rest could keep up! hahahahaha......
A lesson in control from the fastest grand prix rider in history to ol' sourpuss Valentino. Same tyres, same rider aids, but obviously a different class.

DanisDad - Unregistered

April 14, 2009 12:16 AM

What a difference between Stoner's lack of problems and Melandri and Hayden's constant problems - Not just with style, but with parts/sensors/software/backup bikes all being gooned by the crew. It's not the same wine being poured in the other Ducati glasses.

Mr :P

Manning - Unregistered

April 14, 2009 12:38 AM

Well if the MotoGP season consisted of 16 races all in Qatar then I'd have no problem saying Stoner would win the title. Casey seems to have a feel for the track that no other rider has ever managed to get.

However there are 16 other tracks.

If Casey beats Rossi by seven seconds or more at Mugello then I'll certainly change my tune. But until then, Rossi remains the one to beat for the 09 title.

Desmonaut - Unregistered

April 14, 2009 12:56 AM

I reckon my name gives away my leanings, but I think GOAT Rossi has an even bigger fight on his hands this year to hold on to his title.
Stoner not only beat him by nearly 8 seconds, but said he had to tune down the fuel mapping as they were a bit worried. It was only when he changed it mid-race that the speeds started to climb. Rossi knows Stoner has some in reserve.
Second, I reckon Stoner is mentally far stronger this year - and has already proved the Rossi voodoo has just bounced off. (Gibernau would be watching this keenly from his vantage spot).
Lastly, I think Hayden will do far better than his predecessors - and that will only spur Stoner on.
Bring it on 2009! :) :)

dazz - Unregistered

April 14, 2009 1:47 AM

Brilliant ride by Stoner. Now I'll just sit back and wait to hear the excuses for him winning... Isn't it about time that everyone just accepted that he's a damn good rider?

Jefferson starship - Unregistered

April 14, 2009 3:32 AM

I agree that Casey is a good/great rider. I don't think the championships over just yet. And comments about ride aids....come on people, think outside the little box. If you take away rider aid, the bikes would be practicaly unrideable. Worse than the 500s. I will say that they could tone it down a bit and make it more rider than mount. GO COLIN!!!!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »