MotoGP » Four crash out at Laguna Seca.

Pixel

July 07, 2009 9:56 AM

4 crash out and not one of them was called Randy :p

12 finishers though??? Not enough bikes on the grid to start with!!! C'mon Dorna, whats you're plan to encourage more teams and more riders onto the grid? :-o

de puniet no 1 fan - Unregistered

July 07, 2009 10:57 AM

And one of them wasnt de puniet. How about that for a turn around in one year. Another top 10 finish after and fairly crap practice and qualifying session.. 9th in the champ standings. I know I keep banging on about it but he is doing something. Finished every race so far. Keep it Randy.

JT2

July 07, 2009 11:30 AM
Last Edited 1992 days ago

Ha two got there before me....so as the third member of the de puniet fan club I too would like to give big shout out to our boy for staying upright.

Any word on whats happening to him next year? Shame if he loses his seat.

Pixel

July 07, 2009 11:59 AM

No idea at the moment!? Just hoping LCR can afford another few years on the grid - I think Randy would be their preferred choice. Bit more support from Honda wouldn't go amiss as well. 9th in the championship, ahead of Team Gresini: Elias and De Angelis, is a good show!

JT2

July 07, 2009 12:12 PM
Last Edited 1992 days ago

Just hoping honda dont insist on a Japanese rider as that leaves LCR as the the only unclaimed seat for next year...pedrosa & dovi Repsol and Simoncelli and Melandri (if rumours are true)to gresini , Gabor Talmacsi Scot racing ....Aoyama from 250s to LCR??

Hope not.

Pixel

July 07, 2009 12:38 PM

You may have a point there! Would be a shame to lose Randy from the grid! Maybe Suzuki could offer him a lifeline (just another obscure rumour floating around) :D

On a lighter note, the bunnies are back for Germany & UK races, which is good because my Playboy inspired outfit for the UK race will not be out of place!.. :p

Kiyo Rulz - Unregistered

July 08, 2009 12:55 PM

JT2,
I think that there may be room for Randy at LCR because I don't think that Talmacsi will stay at Team Scot. Hiroshi Aoyama is Team Scot's rider in 250cc and is leading the championship, so it is likely that we will see him move up to MotoGP. Honda would like it that way as well because Aoyama is Japanese. I don't know where Talmacsi will go, but I think Randy will have a place at LCR for another year.

JT2

July 08, 2009 3:32 PM

I think Talmacsi will stay with Scot honda because he has a big fat cheque from some hungarian oil company and scot team need it bad. Thats why he is there now they would not have slung Yuki if they werent going to invest something into talmacsi.