MotoGP » Gresini to decide Simoncelli team-mate soon?

waz - Unregistered

July 08, 2009 11:34 AM

As much as we all loved it, the Hayate results are unlikely to be repeated - so Marco should be gunning hard for the Gresini seat. Kawasaki aren't coming back any time soon and in terms of technology the bike will be an embarrassment by next year.

Equilibrium - Unregistered

July 08, 2009 11:39 AM

Personally, I think it would be good news for MotoGP if Gresini re-hired Malandri and Honda provided him a full factory supported bike. Under these circumstances I think Marco is one of the few riders that could consistently challenge the top 4 protagonists, and that makes it all the more exciting for us, the paying fans.
It would be a shame to see a rider of his obvious talent fade away and I really hope he gets the break he deserves. :)

Bladeboy - Unregistered

July 08, 2009 11:51 AM

I think that it is certain that Melandri will go to Gresini next year , seeing that Kawasaki will not be racing next year in what ever colours you want to call it .Which is really good for Marco's career to see him racing up near the front again with the big boys . However the only problem I have with this is the shrinking size of the MotoGP grid . We are going to get to the point where there are only going to be 10 or 14 bikes on the grid like F1 . At least Moto2 should be able to have a full field next year .

Sir Yank Spankington - Unregistered

July 08, 2009 11:56 AM

RawDork - if you even hint at giving Hopper the Gresini ride then I swear I will swim the Atlantic, track you down and shut you up by shoving the biggest MacQuadrupleTexMexPizzaCheeseburger I can find into your big mouth!

Ben Spies, well he proved me wrong in WSBK, he's an immensely talented rider with massive kahunas and you can't help but like the guy so I certainly wouldn't argue about him getting the job if he wins WSBK first! :) :) :)

Pixel

July 08, 2009 12:04 PM

I'm hoping Melandri joins Simoncelli - Team Marco!

I've been pretty unimpressed by Elias and De Angelis this year. OK Elias got a fairly decent result in USA and could have had another reasonable result in Assen (if he'd kept it in his pants), but he's no Melandri! De Angelis seems to spend too much time in the gravel, can't remember anything spectacular from him.

And they're both behind LCR in the championship, even with better bikes - sorry, Marco's turn now :)

Alain Schols - Belgium - Unregistered

July 08, 2009 12:22 PM

I don't see why Gresini should even consider. It's obvious : Melandri. On top of that, Melandri stayed at Gresini in 2007 even when Ducati wanted to sign him mid 2006. As a result they had to go for 2nd choice...Casey Stoner. The rest is history.

So, Melandri has proven his loyalty to Gresini before, now it's time to return the favour :)

Macbeth

July 08, 2009 12:46 PM

All kind of rumours flying around at the moment, did I not hear Toby talking about Lorenzo to Honda which would mean Pedrosa to Gresini in my books, then who to the full factory Yamaha as Spies would not be allowed.

All too much to think about, it will sort itself out eventually.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »