MotoGP » EXCLUSIVE Silverstone's 'big changes' for MotoGP

Wolfy35

July 28, 2009 1:21 PM

Silverstone can do this so quickly and without fuss for MGP

Why when over the last few years when they have been repeatedly been told they would lose F1 if they did not improve facilities and the circuit have they done nothing.

Silverstone proclaim themselves "The home of British motorsport" But I am afraid that they seem more like the home of doing too little until its too late and then expecting us to be proud of them

Kimey - Unregistered

July 28, 2009 1:34 PM

It's great that Silverstone has MotoGP back. For thoose of us who can remember the old days, it was always better than Donington.

Access will be better, as will be the loo's hopefully (I have boycotted Donington in recent years as I am fed up of spending half the day in a queue to get in and out.

I don't think Bernie E was ever going to let Silverstone keep the F1 so perhaps the backers were reluctant to stump up the money, but now they can see a future revenue stream they are more eager.

Can we all have a go on the simulator?

Dave - Unregistered

July 28, 2009 1:36 PM

Wolfy

I'd guess that the improvements for MotoGP are not going to compare to those that were required for F1. I've only read the article the once, apart from the new layout they're going to add some banking to elevate the fans, sounds quite minimal.
I'd would also guess that in time the attendance will rise from their projected 70k to the 120k and no further improvement will be made from the extra money. Cynical I know but this is just business for Silverstone.

Peachy - Unregistered

July 28, 2009 1:41 PM

Hey seen the prices though?? Would cost me 70 quid more next year than this?? For a worse view?? mmm not so good.
I love Donnington for the track and put up with the other crap as I know what its going to be like before I get there-though realise I'm probably in the minority here!-and just put up with it.
Can't wait to see the F1 crown trying to get out!! That'll give Bernie something to moan about!!! :?

DBL

July 28, 2009 1:41 PM

Wolfy35 - Also track changes are easy for Silverstone to do, the MotoGP circuit is using track already there. The major work is providing more run off at Woodcote. What Bernie wanted for F1 was a permanent grandstand and pits complex similar to what is it Malaysia, China, Bahrain etc... and that would be very expensive and Silverstone (without government backing like the others) would not be able to fund it as well as pay for the race to be held there.

Dave - Unregistered

July 28, 2009 1:51 PM

So... Does this mean that MotoGP will get all the spectacles that F1 had. Aircraft acrobatics, parachutists etc between races. Will we see Toseland skydive onto the circuit? :)

Marcster chief - Unregistered

July 28, 2009 2:32 PM

As soon as Rossi retires Silverstone will drop the British GP just like they did when Sheene retired and it'll be Donington left to rebuild whatevers left of the event, again! Bike fans will be paying to keep the BRDC clique who run silverstone in champayne and oysters, they can go to hell.

CantWait - Unregistered

July 28, 2009 3:05 PM

The only exciting thing about Donnington was the bump going into McLeans and they ironed that out in recent years.
In my opinion, if you like to look at a pretty, undulating ribbon of tarmac you'll miss Donnington but if you enjoy fast, close MotoGP action you'll love Silverstone.

1 2 3 4  »