MotoGP » Casey Stoner sidelined - Kallio, Fabrizio in.

VRob - Unregistered

August 10, 2009 7:32 PM

Interesting (and scary) to read the cancer rumors. This whole business reminds me of Jamie Whitham being diagnosed with Hodgkins halfway through the '95 BSB season. He couldn't figure out why he was so fatigued and nauseous on race weekends. In Stoner's case though, something that serious would have been picked up straight away in the blood work, unless they chose not to disclose it. Can't think why they would.

Anyway, I hope for his sake that it is all somehow psychosomatic, because none of the medical possibilities are going to be resolved over a 2 month break. This isn't something a quick course of antibiotics is going to fix.

El Bigonio

August 10, 2009 7:37 PM

Damn shame for Casey! Hope he returns soon! All the haters on here are making me sick though! No facts just bile!

As far as Fabrizio is concerned I wonder if Ducati will bring Shakey or Smrz up for the one race to fill in for him?

plum - Unregistered

August 10, 2009 8:08 PM

This really is a blow, both in terms of the racing and the poor lad's health. Whether you are a fan of CS or not, the sport cannot afford to lose the likes of him,VR,JL,DP etc - watching CS ride that Ducati has to be a thrill for all motorbike fans. As most of us suspect, something isnt quite right here and there may be underlying issues which perhaps should be left to the lad and his family to sort out. I really believe he should quit the season now, recuperate and, god willing, be back on form to competitively fight another season.
Best regards to everyone, and get well CS

DOBBIN - Unregistered

August 10, 2009 8:23 PM

one of the speakers on the motogpod pod cast predicted this weeks ago .

he allso said that it was, what ended Alex Criville career in the 500 gp

is this the end for Stoner ?? :?

paul.tokio - Unregistered

August 10, 2009 8:26 PM

Surely if he had cancer it would have been picked up in the post-Laguna tests and he wouldn't have raced at Sachsenring or Donington. Have you ever heard of someone being diagnosed with cancer and not undergoing treatment immediately? Those positing the cancer rumour are basically saying that either a) it was diagnosed in Laguna and then Stoner chose to continue racing for a further month, or b) a cancer that was making him ill was not detectable by the US doctors and only discovered by his Australian doctors. Both theories are surely nonsensical so why are people running with this?

Yamazuki - Unregistered

August 10, 2009 8:36 PM

"...I've been trying for the past hour to find the article i read last night about an employee at some clinic in Melbourne who got fired for revealing stoners test results saying he has some kind of lymphatic cancer. I'll keep trying to find it. I pray it's not true...."

Reminds me of Lance Armstrong when he went thru roughly the same situation, I've been thinking of that since this illness but I really don't want that happening, I'm not a fanboy of any specific rider, I'm a total fanboy of them all and I wish Casey a quick and total recovery and I hope he comes back swinging and win a couple of races.

Avtech37 - Unregistered

August 10, 2009 8:40 PM

I think it best to disregard some of the previous comments that are obviously made by idiots. CS doesn't seem to be a people person but, let's face it, he can certainly make that duke fly. For that reason alone, I want him fit and well and back in MotoGP. I am a fan of Rossi but more than that I'm a fan of motorcycle racing and have respect for most of the guys out there.
Get well soon CS.

Mulder - Unregistered

August 10, 2009 8:52 PM

I'm not really sure why saying it's mental is totally ridiculous but the equally wild speculation that it's some form of CFS or even Cancer just makes sense??? Bizarre.. Despite Caseys position in the championship he hasn't challenged for wins since Qatar(mugello was a fluke, but it didn't stop him giving it plenty,'this is the one I wanted' like he'd dominated procedings). My point is it only appears when things aren't going right and that is not generally how illness works unless it's mental... the bizarre wet tyres at Donnington put it better than anyone,be surprised if he comes back...

« 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  »