MotoGP » Casey Stoner sidelined - Kallio, Fabrizio in.

andy#3 - Unregistered

August 10, 2009 9:05 PM

I'm a Rossi fan.

Stoner is one of the best riders ever. Technically speaking may be he's equal or better then Rossi. We can talk a lot about it.

I hope his sickness is just a strong stomach ache and he will be back soon.

But I'm afraid his sickness is the same of Biaggi, Hayden and Gibernau: it's a virus that hit the brain, it's the Rossi power. To beat Rossi you must reach your limit and when you finally have been able to "kill" the Rossi dragon, the dragon revives and, as in high jump, moves the bar so high and let you feel disarmed and powerless.

Hoping Lorenzo will not be affected of the same sickness but he's already showing the first symptoms.

Sukhoi 46

August 10, 2009 9:06 PM
Last Edited 1906 days ago

Wishing you speedy recovery and get well soon Stoner.

I strongly suspect Ducati might be hiding the real illness? Am just speculating, could that be Swine Flu virus :rolleyes:

@ Reminds me of Lance Armstrong when he went thru roughly the same situation

Huh!!! He was *not* in the same situation :? He was down and almost out (dead) with very advanced stage Testicular cancer! Very very few could do like what he has done - fighting against the death.

Sukhoi 46

August 10, 2009 9:08 PM

@ To beat Rossi you must reach your limit and when you finally have been able to "kill" the Rossi dragon

Am not a blinded fan but I don't think anyone has that ability to *kill* the Rossi dragon, anyway he gonna be retired by the end of 2010 season :)

george bush the 9th - Unregistered

August 10, 2009 9:10 PM

hope he gets through this ok ? it must be serious for him to withdraw from that many races ?it matters not if its mental ,or an energy sapping illness ,its preventing him from doing his best in the races,good health to him in future , he may not have the greatest personality (but its his ),but he is a fast and spectacular rider, who makes the sport more exciting when hes on full song , and better for us as spectators

Lloyd - Unregistered

August 10, 2009 9:14 PM

I hope I am wrong, but from a distant, arm chair experts position it looks like Casey has been talking himself out of being a contender. The bike doesn't seem to have any advantage anymore , Casey is not getting the same results and you could tell he was riding at 100% effort. Combined with being a young champion and with his less than relaxed attitude maybe he is going through his midlife crisis very early.
He is a fantastic rider, but he has Kocinski syndrome .
Good luck .

JOHN - Unregistered

August 10, 2009 9:16 PM

This seems to be a great shame. While many riders have raced with broken bones and a body held together with metal plates and pins Casey struggles with a virus! Having said this none of us can say anything against Casey as clearly he is an outstanding rider and being the only one to be able to ride that Ducati (his team mate Hayden is a mile off the pace)and none of us know what he (Casey) really is going through. Any of us can down at any time - none of us know what tomorrow brings us and I wish Casey well in his recovery. Godspeed. :blush:

Martin - Unregistered

August 10, 2009 9:33 PM

It's wrong for those of us who aren't in the know to comment on the exact nature of Stoner's current ailment, which feasibly could be mental or physical, short-term, life-limiting or worse. However, it must be serious if he's prepared to miss 3 races - and Ducati are prepared to let him even though his results have been far beyond Hayden's even since Catalunya, so I doubt it's just a lack of motivation or a nagging wife, as some have implied. Hopefully he will be back to his best in 2010. Anybody who can trounce riders of the qualities of Capirossi, Melandri and Hayden in successive years must be pretty gifted, regardless of how much the team is behind him and how much the bike suits him.

Mark - Unregistered

August 10, 2009 9:43 PM

1. No one knows how much this guy is suffering with his illness. He's an elite athlete and their bodies are as finely tuned as the bikes they ride. I've had viral infections that just wiped me out for weeks at a time.
2. I think this puts an ENORMOUS amount of pressure on the Duc racing organization. They have built a bike that seemingly only one guy can ride quickly and now he's lost for the time being. This could make the Duc motogp campaign look really ugly if he doesn't come back and soon.
3. I'd like to read Nicky's mind: "Hmmm, Ducati says I can stay if I want. But I can't make the thing work for me. Do I take my chances on another team?" If someone will have him that is..

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  »