MotoGP » Rossi 'must hit back at home'.

Jiri Simek

September 01, 2009 3:36 PM

I hope he hits back with a BANG and wins on Sunday! :p Now it is, however, not about wining the race at every cost, but rather about bringing home as much points as possible. And Vale knows that more than everybody else... The next race will be of utmost importance.

darren - Unregistered

September 01, 2009 3:36 PM

The momentum is with Jorge Lorenzo now. It is critical that Rossi prevents Lorenzo from sweeping to the title on a wave of confidence. I don't see Vale getting much of a boost from the perspective of it being a home race, surely he feels like the home favourite at every round these days?

The pressure is on Lorenzo, he is the one with a deficit to bridge, Rossi just needs podiums.

I just hope it's good race and I can't wait to see if Dani's new found speed is sustainable! Make it a good race for the fans lads!

RawDawg

September 01, 2009 4:02 PM

There is no pressure on Lorenzo. He's got his contract, he's not the one who's point lead got cut in half, and he's not the one who is expected to win the title. Lorenzo is not even in jeporady of losing 2nd place in the championship. He's in win or bin mode. He can toss it up the road and it will be a "so what?" affair. All of the pressure is on Rossi to close out the championship. But in saying that I don't expect Rossi to make a bluder like he did at Indy - but I didn't expect him to do it than either!

Yamaha-M1 Fan. - Unregistered

September 01, 2009 4:17 PM

He needs a top result following what happened in America plus its not worth taking any risks during the race where it could lead to another fall if that were the case it will bust the championship wide open I still think he'll bounce back and get a good result.

madmonk1912

September 01, 2009 4:25 PM

How often have you seen Rossi just go for the points?
Only time I've seen him do it is when either his tires have gone off or some other problem with the bike or the weather.
What we have seen though, is Rossi charging at %100 for a win win all he needs to lock in the championship is 3rd or 4th.
I see Rossi going all out like he's always done.
He want's the championship no doubt but the racer in him, that thing he has that has endeared him to millions, will make him push for the top step every time.
And I wouldn't want it any other way.

Jiri Simek

September 01, 2009 4:41 PM

Yeah Madmonk, you are absolutely right. I love the same ... But I believe that Lorenzo is an opponent surpassing any expectation and being much better than any of Valentino's former arch rivals. I might be wrong, but I just feel that more and more watching those two on the track. The "win it or bin it" fashion of ridding was absolutely the most attractive fashion of Vale's racing. But that fashion was appropriate in times when he had no equals around the track. Nowadays....maybe those times are changing.

Vikingerne - Unregistered

September 01, 2009 5:13 PM

I agree with Madmonk on this one. I do not want to wish any bad luck on Rossi. I am a fan of his and Lorenzo. However, I would like to see them even on points after the weekend with no points advantage. Then the fireworks will spark. Personally I think Lorenzo is the fastest of the 2 at the moment. He crashed 2 in a row, never know for Rossi? Cannot wait to see it live for the first time at Misano this year. YES MAN!!! Ciao

John Tomac - Unregistered

September 01, 2009 5:28 PM

Would be good to see Lorenzo win, but if it has to be Rossi then I'd rather see Jorge tail him to the line than bin it, he'll never get the better of Rossi that way.
Would be good to see another rider get in the mix without being gifted the position or crashing, but that's likely to be too much to ask for.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »