MotoGP » Rossi 'must hit back at home'.

Scampsuzi - Unregistered

September 01, 2009 10:27 PM

I am the ultimate Rossi fan but tend towards pragmatic realism. He may well still win the championship this year but may have to do it without winning another race. Lorenzos confidence will now be sky high and Pedrosa was incredibly quick at Indy, these two trading victories give Rossi his best chance of retaining the championship. Indy revealed a fatal flaw in his make up which I had not detected before and I am convinced he will not even get close to the record of victories and will probably retire this year.

blue hurricane - Unregistered

September 01, 2009 11:15 PM

I am a Rossi fan ever since he came onto the scene. What an incredible run he had so far, a run that may not be repeated in our lifetime. For me he is the GOAT, but it seems the writing is on the wall. The new generation will take over the crown, it's inevitable. Lorenzo/Stoner/Pedrosa are the current Generation, and the next is already waiting in the wings.
But that does not change the fact that Rossi is THE most sucessful rider for the last 13 years. None of the previous champs except Augostini has acomplished what Rossi has. Let the new boys try to beat that.....

The Morgue

September 01, 2009 11:20 PM

Stoner is ill, Pedrosa hasn't got the overtaking power and Lorenzo is surfing along nicely on the best bike in the field, developed by the man he tries to beat.
That's the new generation for you...

madmonk1912

September 01, 2009 11:26 PM

What writing? What wall?
Rossi is far from being done. Hell, he's still young. Forget your own prejudices and Look at the numbers. Even in 2006 he posted brilliant numbers. 'Course one of those numbers was D.N.F.'s
Rossi has yet to be out-classed in Moto-GP. Find the stats, cover the names and look at the numbers. The only difference between now and 5 years ago is now he has other riders to push him. You can argue about who your favorite is but being the best simply comes down to numbers. You can't argue with fact.

Amie R1sp

September 01, 2009 11:34 PM

Disappointed to see Rossi fall. He got the wrong line and hit the dirty part of the track and that was that. He admitted that in the interview afterwards. I think we would have seen another Rossi/Lorenzo battle with the winner undetermined until the flag. I actually felt Pedrosa was going to be the winner for sure and was disappointed when he fell. Same thing goes for Melandri, what a great battle with Toseland. Lorenzo is a world chanpion in the making, as a Rossi fan I hope it isn't this year or next but as the only rider capable of upsetting Rossi's title claim this year I wish him the best (but wish Rossi just a little better of course). Pedrosa too is a world champion in the making and when Rossi does leave I see some fantastic MotoGP ahead of us with Stoner (assuming he recovers) Pedrosa and Lorenzo. I am also glad NH got third at home race. Lorenzo has been doing great and he has challenged Rossi but how has he suddenly become the only rider that can stand up

Robert Jones

September 01, 2009 11:39 PM

"but it seems the writing is on the wall."

been hearing this for 3 years now - probably be hearing it for the next 3 years.

fell off on one race recently !!!! - Jeez

"He will take the WC this year, but it want be easy, and next year will be tougher still." - thouroughly Agree !!

Jorge's pace is good enough to worry Vale, but race day usually tells a different tale !!!

I keep looking at the wall - no writing on it as far as I can see !

Cheers

blue hurricane - Unregistered

September 02, 2009 1:21 AM

Robert Jones
"been hearing this for 3 years now - probably be hearing it for the next 3 years" I hope you are right..
"I keep looking at the wall - no writing on it as far as I can see !" I gladly admitt if my eyes fail me...

I am just saying that it will happen, and Jorge seem to have the tools. The fact that he is one the same bike as Morque mentioned only confirms that as it comes down to the racer.

blue hurricane - Unregistered

September 02, 2009 1:38 AM

Morgue - agree with you on Stoner and Pedrosa
Forget the fact that Rossi/Burgess developed the M1 for a second - What matters right now is that Both Rossi and Lorenzo are on the same equipment. And to me it seems that Lorenzo has the tools to take the crown from Rossi.
I will be happy to admitt if Rossi proves me wrong.
In any case, Misano could be a turning point of this season. I believe if Lorenzo wins he has a chance to take the title, if Rossi does, it will be Rossi dominating for the rest of the season. I am convinced Rossi will not settle,and neither will Lorenzo. This is not just for the Title, this is also for the pecking order at the Fiat team.

Realitybites - Unregistered

September 02, 2009 1:38 AM

No, Robert Jones, Rossi has fallen off in 3 races recently - same number as Stoner in '08 - but his bike remained rideable one additional time to Stoner's bike. So if Stoner was broken, what then is Rossi? Or, as usual for Crash trolls, is it different for Rossi - everybdy else falls because they are 'broken' but Rossi only falls because of the intervention of jealous gods?

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  »