MotoGP » Stoner, Pedrosa warn no favours for title contenders.

"This is their fight and if we get in the middle of it, we get in the middle of it" - Casey Stoner.

Doughnuts Anyone

October 15, 2009 12:51 PM

My view on thing

Stoner would like Lorenzo to win the title

Pedrosa would like Rossi to win the title

Also Pedrosa will do Rossi a favor if it means Lorenzo cannot will the title you just know it Stoner may help Lorenzo out.

I would like Lorenzo to win the title but I can not see it happening I think he will crash again but Rossi will take the title again I must admit I not a Rossi fan but he is the G.O.A.T

Carbon K

October 15, 2009 1:03 PM

"Stoner, Pedrosa warn no favours for title contenders"

Should we be worried about that comment coming from Pedrosa? I just got a little flashback of Portugal in 2006 and Dani not giving any favours there either ... lol

waz - Unregistered

October 15, 2009 1:21 PM

Casey also has only finished infront of those two twice except when they fell off. Onece at Qatar and the second time at mugello where he was 8th before the rain and his engineers made an inspired(lucky) tyre choice due to having nothing to lose being so far back. Othat that Qatar he hasn't really bothered the two yams whether he was healthy or had the 'mystery illness'. I don't know what all the fuss is about. If they stay upright yam 1-2..

Dray

October 15, 2009 1:26 PM

Since Valentino Rossi sent Casey into the Cuckoo clock, the cure for his madness of having little Valentinos running around in his head, is or will have to be, that he made Valentino lose this years World Championship. Knowing that he made him lose by taking points away may cure his madness. Come on fellows, the man suffers from a case of madness. He looks fit as a fiddle, which may change if he starts getting his regular 4th place. This is my opinion.

Sasha

October 15, 2009 1:40 PM

I never understood why some people think it is necessary not to give title contenders a hard time. You do the best you can and fight as hard as you can from the first race to the last. If you do not have that attitude you are not a racer.

If you do not mind to do a trick move on a Rossi or Lorenzo in the first race. Why should it bother you in the last race?

John - Unregistered

October 15, 2009 2:28 PM

Waz I think your memory is failing you, at Mugello it was a case of Stoner staying upright and briefly leading before falling back to 8th, then when he changed tyres at the same time as the other leaders he blew them all away on his out lap as they pussyfooted around.

waz - Unregistered

October 15, 2009 3:19 PM

Yes, you're right John, sorry, my memory is failing, did I say 8th?? I meant 8th and falling back fast...
some 5 secs he made on his out lap over the others due to the team gambling on the soft tyres, after all if your 8th and going backwards what have you to lose finished 1 sec ahead of JL if I remember right. Apolgies for repeting myself for John, he's a tad in denial..... :)

GO Dani!!!

Mojo Jojo

October 15, 2009 3:49 PM

I think Stoner is for Rossi to win the title. Anything to stop Jorge from being the next guy to win the championship on his second season, just like Casey. JHe must also feel that Lorenzo is going to be his real rival in years to come. Theirs could really be the match-up for the post-Rossi era, so the less Jorge championships Jorge wins, the better for Stoner.

Of course, we all know the history between Pedrosa and Lorenzo, so no guesses there.

1 2 3 4  »