MotoGP » Stoner puts 'torrid time' behind him with home pole.

"We've had a torrid season. It's been a disaster and it's nice to come back and be competitive again" - Casey Stoner.

Pizdoff - Unregistered

October 17, 2009 11:12 AM

Sort of he's saying Stoner might have had problems but he's a tough little ****er that isn't deferential to the one-time great turned supercilious pundits, he reckons the media can vanish up its own arze with its negativity, and his resurgence might, just might, put Rossi under enough pressure to knock him off his lofty pedestal.

Fact is Lorenzo's already started to kick bricks out of that particular wall. But between the pair of'em its probably so, Valle would be more comfortable without them crawling all over him.

I'd actually like to see Stoner on top step. Good for the series.

As for the Royal 'we' bit its not like he's the only one. But they ALL sound pretentious & precious.

Bob Buttamasangy

October 17, 2009 11:18 AM

Popcorn, Wayne Gardner has made some comments a la Kevin Schwantz regarding Stoners missed races. Not sure if this site has covered it or not. I'm sure you'll find quotes of his jealous ramblings if you look hard enough.

Gaz - Unregistered

October 17, 2009 11:19 AM

If you listen to all the interviews most riders say "we" nowadays as they are referring to the team in general.
By the way I'm a Pom and my only whinge is "why did it take me so long to leave the UK and move to Oz" :rolleyes: :-o :p
Great country :p
Great people :p
Great weather :p
Go Casey :-o

Racefan - Unregistered

October 17, 2009 11:21 AM

Would love to see Casey under the wing of Burgess no matter what make of bike they were with. It would be a phenominal partnership.

Like him or loathe him, his raw ability on two wheels is absolutely breathtaking and despite his 07 title I don't think he's even near his ultimate potential yet.

But I don't think he has the right paddock environment to flourish, he needs reigned in when he's wound up, supported when he's down, slapped when he's stroppy, etc, etc, and that's not being done. Maybe maturity will lessen the need for these things but I just don't think he has the right sort of people around him.

I hope it happens in future.

Racefan - Unregistered

October 17, 2009 11:27 AM

"@ Bob Buttamasangy-
What are you on about?!"

It was a quite intelligent post, full of wit and irony.

But maybe in future he should follow it with a version translated for stupid people!

darren - Unregistered

October 17, 2009 11:27 AM

Just how good is this rider!?

Where are the other Dukes as always? Sure Rossi is quick, but anyone bar JT seems to be quick on that bike.

I'd love to see Rossi on the Ducati with Stoner. He would have to change his gay pre-race stretch-come-superstition though and bend all the way down, before putting his head between his knees and kissing his **** goodbye! :D

Looking forward to seeing the little ozzy wrestling that bike tomorrow morning! Wring it's neck Casey - Let's hope for a good entertaining race!

samas

October 17, 2009 11:32 AM

Ditto gaz. by the way I remember Gardner rubbishing the mighty Mike many years ago when he was on the way up and he was on the way down, and yes why does everyone slag off Casey for saying we Vale does and and no one seems to mind. :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Barren - Unregistered

October 17, 2009 11:36 AM

Can someone please point me to the reasons for the belief that Casey is the second coming and easily a match for Rossi on what if what you believe is true is the worst bike every to grace the top league. I can't see it and wish I could because I'm beginning to feel left out. Help guys..
Ps can if your at PI and Casey comes round last on warm up like everyone should wait for him, can you knocck his helmet off and remind him he's only fighting for 3rd. Incidently now that mikc doohan has also questioned soner absence will e interesting to hear whether the fanoys thin he also is unqualified to comment...

Commodore S - Unregistered

October 17, 2009 11:47 AM

If anyone is actually interested in the event in lieu of nagging each other the weather is not looking good for tomorrow.
To-day P.I experienced three different seasons of weather.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »