MotoGP » FIRST PICS: Ben Spies’ Yamaha YZF-M1

Ben Spies' mount for the Valencia season finale unveiled

TimBo - Unregistered

November 05, 2009 9:53 AM

the don - this Raw Dawg clown you call him is one of the few who speaks some sense on here !
He is right about Bayliss in 2006 , imo Ben will have done a brilliant job if he is top 8 this weekend.

Moto GsPies - Unregistered

November 05, 2009 10:13 AM

""This has to be the most eagerly anticipated final round of the 4 stroke era."

"er, no it isn't. I would think that distinction belongs to Valencia 2006 when the title was on the line. Compared to than there isn't much up for grabs this round.
Posted by RawDawg (12 hours ago)""

Hmmm. This thread has a BIG POST COUNT!

I doubt there were 12 pages of posts on Wed morning in 2006 about who was going to win the title at the last race of the year.I watched that race. Wasn't all that enthralled. It wasn't a "racy" season and Valencia only had to prove which of the 2 had the least dismal year. Turns out it was not Rossi. Pedrosa gave us the most vivid memory of that season...right?

Hookem

November 05, 2009 10:35 AM

And back to the subject at hand...The pic with Ben Spies in front of whatever Yamaha, looks bad to the bone to me.

Beautiful motorcycle fo sho !!!!!

It may not be the best looking bike in the paddock...But it sure as hell aint the worst looking.

I can envision myself walking out into my garage and looking at that bike and saying to myself.

Forget that piece of junk...Lemmme ride my Eddie Lawson 8-plug Kawi.

And then I woke up !!!!!!!

:?

Pole position: 1'31.502

Race - Casey Stoner fastest lap: 1'32.582

Circuit best lap Valentino Rossi 2006 - 1'31.002

Brian Sadlier

November 05, 2009 11:38 AM

@ KTMKen
As for all the Limey's who have been out here bloviating about Spies chances, let me ask you this: Who are you rooting for next year in MotoGP, since you will have no Brit riders in MotoGP? LOL again.

I will be rooting for.....Simoncelli & Lorenzo!
So jog on!
Both I am confident will be consistantly beating your boyfriend...week in and week out! :)

RawDawg

November 05, 2009 2:40 PM

the don

Was I f'king posting to you? No, so mind your f'king own business.

I know we are in the present jackoff. And if you read what the poster wrote about this being the most anticipated last round or whatever even a d1ckhead like you can't argue that 2006 was more anticipated because the title was going to be decided instead already wrapped uplike this year.

RawDawg

November 05, 2009 2:53 PM

Spidey

To even suggest that Bayliss's past experience in MotoGP wasnt' a factor in his victory is wishful at best. Let me ask you this - how many times has a wildcard EVER won a MotoGP/500cc point scoring race?This isn't WSBK where wildcards win. Knowledgeable people know he won't win.

And to suggest Spies time on a Suzuki GP somehow translates to "experience" to succeed out the gate on a Yamaha is wrong as well.

And don't even try to get into the "toseland is better on the sbk yam" BS. Come talk to me this time next year when he has won half the rounds and almost all the superpoles.

RawDawg

November 05, 2009 2:56 PM

As for your "theory" of GP riders winning champions in other series - it's just a theory becuse there is no proof.

And don't try to exclude or discount either Checa or Biaggi - they are former GP riders in their own right and both spent well over a decade in the paddock. They haven't bag the title yet to prove your "theory".

I don't expect Spies to fight the top 4 on a consistant basis on a Tech 3 bike week in and week out. Maybe year after next if he gets the factory Fiat ride but not in 2010. It would be a surprise to me if he did.

« 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  »