MotoGP » Lorenzo sets sights on 2010 MotoGP title.

"Next year my target is clearly to be a champion" - Jorge Lorenzo.

Hookem

December 02, 2009 12:02 AM

Rossi versus Stoner @ Laguna Seca 2008. Rossi versus Lorenzo @ Catalunya 2009. I think we will see several races in 2010 that rival those kind of performances. I for one think we will see some great racing that will be 3 or 4 rider dices to the checkers.

McKneZ - Unregistered

December 02, 2009 7:19 AM

My theory is that Rossi can be on 110% on normal day "easly" and even gets higher when he needs to (and then crashes sometimes).
The others can hardly give 110%... and they need to have lots of luck at that level and thatswhy crashing more than Rossi or make more mistakes.

sry 4 english

WOLFZ - Unregistered

December 02, 2009 7:22 AM

lets not condemn any riders..i believe all of them r giving their 100% BEST in all the races which benefit us who r watching the race....its doesnt really matter who won...most importantly is them giving us motogp fan a good n heart shocking raceS to watch...do u guys agree?...tats my point of view

Cedric - Unregistered

December 02, 2009 9:16 AM

2010 season may be epic stuff. Although Rossi is young (that doohan comparison), he's been up there for almost 15 years! that's a lot of time in the highest level of competition, so a little wear could appear (anyway, wouldn't be surprised if Rossi beats them all again hahaha)
Stoner can be fast as hell, Dani can challenge them if his pre-season is normal and Honda closes a little the gap betwween them and the Yams, and Lorenzo is probably the rider with wider margin to improve. IMO it will be Rossi and JLo again fighting for the title and they will be even closer thas this year.

Greetings

Hookem

December 02, 2009 9:28 AM

Lorenzo is in a tight spot. He can only go up one more spot versus 2009. And could easily go backwards. We do have Pedrosa and Stoner to add to the mix besides Valentino Rossi. I thought it would be a toss up between Val and Casey. But now I am leaning towards Stoner winning the title in 2010. It is going to be much tighter racing this next season. The Honda is going to be much improved. Ducati should be a better piece. Great news for MotoGP racing fans. We have 4 guys who have legitimate shots at the Championship. Some new guys coming in like Simoncelli and Spies that could be nipping at the heels the Aliens towards the middle part of the season.

(continued)

Hookem

December 02, 2009 9:37 AM

I think it is laughable that some of you guys are writing Rossi off after 2010. Geezzz he is only 30. Not like he is 38 or something. I think he has 5 more years easily. If he wants to continue racing MotoGP that is. Lorenzo has proven he can run at the front. Casey Stoner has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that he can beat Rossi on a consistant basis. I for one hope crashes and or injuries do not play a pivitol part of the 2010 season. I want them all to be there every race fighting for every position. Rossi is the man. No doubt. Rossi's position as the GOAT is not in danger. But he is certainly going to have to step it up. The young guns are coming.

(continued)

Hookem

December 02, 2009 9:46 AM

I look for Casey to win it all in 2010 and Rossi coming back and winning the Championship in possibly the greatest MotoGP series ever seen. Spies and Simoncelli along with some of the other 250 guys gaining ground on the Aliens. I really do not see 2 guys racing for the win and being 30 seconds ahead of the 3rd or 4th place guys. Whatever happens all of these guys down to the last place deserve our support as race fans. Jorge is fast. But if there is a heir apperent to Rossi. I would have to give it to Casey Stoner. I dont think it will be like Maldin and Spies for those 3 years running way out in front of everybody else. I hope not anyway.

David Birch

December 02, 2009 1:55 PM

I hate speculation as most of the time all it can be is a best guess or a biased opinion - such as "I'm a fan of XYZ, so I think he'll win the season".

What I would like to see is close racing from more than two riders/makes. Even spectacles like Laguna '08 and Catalunya '09 pale into the background when you think of the truly great races such as the French GP in '88 when you had Lawson, Sarron, Schwantz and Gardner swapping and changing for the lead on every lap - THAT was true racing!

Bringing back 990s or removing electronic aids may not be the ultimate answer to closer racing - the issue that we have is that there are the 4 aliens and then there are the rest.

Bring on 2010!

Schnertz in California - Unregistered

December 02, 2009 7:20 PM

@ Hookem..
Dude, what are you talking about... " Stoner constaly beating Rossi"?.. Your friggen Daft man. What the H3ll happened in 08'?, I don't remeber seeing a RED bike finishing all too much that year... What happened in 09'? Don't be aan Ausiem0ronic fan. One season does not make you the greates, unless your Ausie, then of course one race win and the guy must be the greatest racer ever.....

Hookem

December 02, 2009 9:44 PM

Since Stoner arrived at Ducati in 2007 He has 20 wins, 31 podiums and 16 pole positions through 2009. During the same period 2007 to 2009 Rossi has 19 wins, 38 podiums and 13 poles. I know there is probably not much difference between the words constantly and consistantly. But I think the numbers tell a story. Casey Stoner over the years 2007 to 2009 has been able to consistantly beat Rossi. I am not saying Stoner is kicking Rossi's ass. No fanboy BS here just the numbers. No need to get you panties all in a knot. If Valentino is the God of all things in your world then so be it. Still does not change the results. And FYI I am a Rossi fanboy that just so happens to be a fan of Casey Stoner.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6  »