MotoGP » Lorenzo sets sights on 2010 MotoGP title.

"Next year my target is clearly to be a champion" - Jorge Lorenzo.

Duke @ ee

December 02, 2009 9:59 PM

Schnertz in CA.....Consistant, consistantly.....In the english language means unchanging. Stoner might not beat Rossi more times, but each year he does beat him, so as you see Hookem has a point :)

Motogp fan - Unregistered

December 03, 2009 3:24 AM

2010 MOTOGP CHAMPIONSHIP STANDING AFTER VALENCIA
(1) VALENTINO ROSSI
(2) DANI PEDROSA
(3) CASEY STONER
(4) JORGE LORENZO
(5) BEN SPECE
(6) MARCO SIMONCELLI
(7)ANDREA DOVISIOSO
(8)COLIN EDWARD

Paul Kirk - Unregistered

December 03, 2009 7:22 AM

As they say, young guns are comming, but, Rossi will always be fast, (and others will be too), but Rossi can PASS, when he's ready to pass, he dose! That is an advantage he has, also if he falls, it's always at low speed, so he and the bike get the least damage. I believe that if Valintino chooses to ride bikes for the next ten years, he will always be competitive! Some people say Stoner is great, and I agree, but he is only great on a Duke, (must admit he is the only rider who can ride a Duke at the front), have you seen how quick the Duke goes down the straight? That gives you a great feeling of confidance! I have a feelingStoner on a Yamaha would not be able to outrun Rossi resultswi

Schnertz in California - Unregistered

December 03, 2009 9:57 PM

I guess I'm gonna throw this at you Hookem, If the Numbers don't lie, then, we could say that Stoner is already past his prime as he has been on the decline 2 consecutive years. His statsheet is based off the one off and never to be done again by him season of 07' Base that against a lifetime of Championships by the GOAT, and those stats show a real genius, there is none there to compare to. Seriously, if they have to comply to engine restrictions, I'll lay odds on it that the Italian machinery will be crapped out by seasons end. And if Stoner throws it down a few times next year, he may not be able to finish the season with the new rules... Let the crasher begin crashing!
E

Sandman - Unregistered

December 03, 2009 10:11 PM

I noticed a couple of posts about race wins and podiums from 2007 to 2009 between Rossi and Stoner.

So how about this statistic, which is the only one that counts in my book.

2007 - Casey Stoner World Champion
2008 - Valentino Rossi World Champion
2009 - Valentino Rossi World Champion

Enough said about consistency.

Hookem

December 06, 2009 4:57 AM

"Stoner is already past his prime as he has been on the decline 2 consecutive years."

I guess if you consider being 25 past your prime then so be it. I wish Ben Spies would pull a Kenny Roberts.

But I am not holding my breath. Casey has 5 more years to compete before reaching Rossi's age.

Hey I love Rossi as much as anybody. He is the GOAT as far as I am concerned. 2nd place is way. And I mean way back there.

But I am really not intrested in a racing series where only one rider is the only one that should be considered a champion.

« 2 3 4 5 6