MotoGP » Abu Dhabi wants MotoGP, Qatar plans F1

RawDawg

March 09, 2010 1:03 AM

So Hermann Tilke has pretty much cornered the market in track design and modifications.

The F1 fans HATE this guy for the boring tracks he design that produce boring racing. I think the Istanbul track has some pretty cool corners and Sepang isn't shabby either. But he's the guy who also destroyed Hockeheim. So if there ever was an uprising and a storming of his house, I'll be in the pack with a torch or pick fork. Some things you don't mess with and the blast through the forest was one.

God, can you image the speed of the current GP bikes down those straights and the sound bouncing off the trees? It would have been awesome.

fan - Unregistered

March 09, 2010 1:34 AM

If this is the same track that the Australian V8 supercars ran on (I recorded it and put it on for background noise), there is no way in hell it would pass a safety inspection.

fan - Unregistered

March 09, 2010 1:43 AM

IIRC, either the corner leading into the back straight or the front straight there was a concrete wall. Lose the front going into the turn and it will kill you.

It reminded me of the final corner at Road Atlanta (turn 14?).

Yamazuki - Unregistered

March 09, 2010 2:08 AM

That's why the safety comisioner needs to have a look at it, I'm sure within the time frame provided, they will come with solutions, other than Air Fence. I was just watching the said V8 race and looking around to see if m/c racing was possible and exept for some obvious places, it can be done. One thing I don't like is that T1, looked in my TV like it actually shrinks out and pit lane out makes me vomit, you can out-accelerate traffic on the main straight and still gain a position from the pits.

Yamazuki - Unregistered

March 09, 2010 2:41 AM

Totally agee on the critique to Herman Tilke, they should bring Alan Wilson to iron out that track, I love Wilson's work while Tilke's has been sometimes questionable or plain hated by some critics.

Crossi! - Unregistered

March 09, 2010 9:46 AM

Great idea to bring it to another track in the Middle East, however I doubt they will be able to fill the grandstands with the lack of televised motorgp and WSBK here in the UAE. :?

1 2 3  »