MotoGP » Stoner to Honda a done deal?

Reports in Italy suggest Casey Stoner will leave Ducati to move to Repsol Honda for 2011

dOC - Unregistered

May 11, 2010 3:55 PM

I agree, Rossi will stay @ yamaha and Lorenzo will be the next to recive a multiyear big dollar offer from ducati. The bigger question is: will Ducati jump at Hayden to keep him from signing elsewhere?

squired - Unregistered

May 11, 2010 4:00 PM

I think Yamaha will do everything to keep Rossi.......and Rossi will not move with Jerry :) As for Lorenzo I think it will be hard for him to resist a big money, full factory no 1 offer....he was not happy Rossi is on so much more than him even though so far in motogp Lorenzo has only showed promise for the future. Anyway if he goes they will just promote Ben to the works team

Canadian fan - Unregistered

May 11, 2010 4:06 PM

I know this is all speculation, but I could see Rossi moving to Ducati if for no other reason than the challange of winning with another manufacturer.
Stoner to Honda? Not sure that's in his best interest.
I suppose if Rossie moved Spies would be the clear choice to replace him
Could be interesting to watch this play out

RawDawg

May 11, 2010 4:11 PM

This would be awesome for Honda and Casey but terrible for Ducati!

I'm not sure any of the top riders are standing in line for that ride after the struggles of Melandri and Hayden. If Hayden can continue his form than it might change some opinions. I look for another go at Jorge by Ducati. I think Rossi is set at Yamaha.

But you can't blame Casey for feeling a little hurt by last years big push for Jorge. If I remember correctly it was reported that they sign Melandri to more money than they were paying Casey at the time.

With the resources of Honda it had to be an attractive offer to join that company. I wonder what Pedrosa thinks?

Marky - Unregistered

May 11, 2010 4:12 PM

my two cents:

2011....

duke: lorenzo and nicky
honda: stoner and dovi
yam: rossi and spies

(nicky and dovi staying put because of ongoing contracts)

but all hinges on what stoner decides.

i don't think rossi will leave yam. if he doesn't then jorge will go to duke. if rossi does go to duke it'll be because he won't want to ride with another real title contender in spies. he's had enough of that with jorge!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »