MotoGP » Stoner 'has already decided to go', fears Ducati

As speculation over the MotoGP 2011 rider merry-go-round increasingly gathers pace, a well-informed Ducati Marlboro source concedes that 2007 world champion Casey Stoner 'has already decided' to switch to Repsol Honda next year

SW - Unregistered

May 26, 2010 8:55 AM

I'd like to see Stoner on the fiat Yamaha. But that probably wouldn't be fair on the sport as he would win every race by a mile and no one would come to the races because they would Know who was going to win. I cant think of anything funnier to see than Lorenzo going around in 3rd or 4th place week after week and returing to his garage and saying to his boss "see I didn't fall off"!!! Or Rossi blaming tires.

waz

May 26, 2010 8:56 AM

Very conflicted about this because an Aussie winning races on a Ducati is what I want to see - it's always been a great combo, from Corser and Bayliss in WSBK to Stoner in GP. It's a great vote of confidence in Stoner that Honda want him. My head says go, my heart says stay. I want Ducati and Stoner to get over these crashes and claw their way back into the running this season. It could still go down to the wire.

With the results Rossi and Lorenzo are turning in I can't see either of them truly wanting to move from Yamaha or the factory wanting them to go. Jorge will dig in his heels at Yamaha - probably the more likely to move is Rossi, across to Ducati.

Iggy - Unregistered

May 26, 2010 8:58 AM

Good move: Stoner has said on numerous occasions that he likes and respects Rossi. Stoner said that when he first entered motogp Rossi was the only one who said hello to him when he walked the pits. Rossi was the only one who was friendly and Stoner has not forgotten that. He'll kill him on the track but not off it.

Cedric - Unregistered

May 26, 2010 9:45 AM

By the time laguna seca comes, casey will know if his ducati can fight with the M1. If not, surely this can be his last year on a red machine.

As The Morgue said a couple of hours ago Dani is probably the least wanted of the 4 aliens. But who knows... seems there's a lot of respect and "friendship" between rossi and dani. Maybe the doctor want to have as a teammate a rider that don't give him any headache and Yamaha would like to replace Jlo with another top rider... could be that dani?

(Anyway, Pedro riding that heavenly M1 could be EXTREMELY competitive)

Motojunky

May 26, 2010 11:07 AM

@ iggy
Your comment on Stoner's respect for Rossi.

"He'll kill him on the track but not off it"

Your joking aren't you. How do you explain Stoners comments about Rossi after Leguna Seca?

Didn't kill him on the track, but annihilated him off it.

nebari - Unregistered

May 26, 2010 11:15 AM

What did they do to the Duke to turn Casey from a winner to a loser? Didn't he come back from his holidays/sickness and promptly start winning again?
Looking at the results this year I'm wondering if they made him number 2 rider this year.
Personally I hope he doesn't turn out like Fast Freddy Spencer. In the pits, the boy was in bits, and his team were raising their eyes to heaven. I felt for him.

waz

May 26, 2010 11:22 AM

OK, have made up my mind. I don't want Stoner to go to Honda? Why? It's a boring idea. Honda is Team Boring. I like the Ducati underdog thing - a tiny factory taking it to the biggest on the planet. We Aussies go for the underdog while the rest of the world jumps on the fanboy wagon.

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  »