MotoGP » Mugello MotoGP - Race results

Filter Comments: All | Registered

robsurrey - Unregistered

June 07, 2010 7:50 AM

I was impressed with Simoncelli, shame about his trip through the gravel as his lap times suggest he'd have been in the battle for fourth.
I'm not sure if I have this right, but are you classed as a rookie until you've done nine races? Ben did two races on the Suzuki and one on the Yamaha before this season started, so in two races time he'll have done enough races to be able to ride a works bike. Then Yamaha say Rossi's bike will not be used for two races? Coincidence or have I got it wrong somewhere?

Diesel

June 07, 2010 8:07 AM

Its clear to me now Yamaha has lost the advantage to Honda especially on tracks with long straights. The Yamahas are clearly down on power and thats going to be a problem for the sattellite bikes for sure. Honda brought a new package this year and there sorting it out week by week.

And Spies did exactly what he needed to do this weekend which was complete a weekend with no problems. Silverstone is going to be a problem for him being on the Tech 3 M1. I would look for a very strong performance from him at Assen though.

Duke27 - Unregistered

June 07, 2010 8:45 AM

I know Silverstone is a new layout, but not totally new? I guess Stoner who have been racing in UK, Edwards who have been to Silverstone on a superbike and Capirex who is "so old" so he might have seen Silverstone as well? These 3 might have some track knowledge. I think Ben will do good at Silverstone and Assen, maybe top 3! I hope Yamaha put JT on Rossi's bike in Silverstone and Assen, finally on a factory bike and tracks he know, we will see what he can really do.

josh - Unregistered

June 07, 2010 9:01 AM

according to the interview with jeremy burgess,he said that they will most likely, have a test rider on the m1, even if it means, trailing around at the back of the field, or where ever,the bike has to be there for the sponsors,also testing new gear,so who the test rider is , no one knows, just yet,also every rider on the grid is under contract,so i cannot see spies riding it, just my assumption, though, worth a thought. cheers

tempel - Unregistered

June 07, 2010 9:04 AM

keep dreamin'

Spies is going nowhere near the top 4 riders, he's too slow. If he was an Alien he would've already been on a podium.

& He's lucky that rookies are so weak this year, that makes him stronger than he really is.
Against Lorenzo or Pedrosa in 2008 or 2006 would've been a complete disgrace for the fanboys.

They're & will ever be too fast for him :)

Sweeble - Unregistered

June 07, 2010 9:36 AM

It's terrible when a race series relies so much on one rider (Rossi) in order to be worth watching. Pedrosa is so small that he always makes a good start, and if he's got the speed he then proceeds to lead from the first lap - great riding, bad racing.
If riders want to show how good they are they really need to go to WSBK. If I were a strong mid runner like De Puniet, I would move to WSBK - more racing, more chance of doing well.

neagles - Unregistered

June 07, 2010 9:39 AM

i didnt bother watching the race just watched the highlights later. how dull was that race without rossi i thought that i really liked gp but came as a bit of a shock when i wasnt interested for the first time in 6 years. im worried for the class because tho there are other good riders lets face it no one does it better than rossi. these younger guys come along full of beans and still struggle to win against him. i reckon that jorge will win this year but he will think and so will many people that he only did because rossi wasnt racing.

I think Yam already lost the edge to Honda in the power circuit like Mugello. New engine rule is hurting them. JL had better get as many points as possible in the first half of the season. I think they struggle toward the end of season. I am afraid no engine is left then. They should put decent rider who can be at least top 10 as Rossi's replacement, but I think they try to develop the engine using the test riders in the race...

« 7 8 9 10 11 12  »