MotoGP » COMMENT: Who should replace Rossi at Yamaha?

Colin Edwards, Ben Spies, Cal Crutchlow, James Toseland... Who do you think should get a shot at joining Jorge Lorenzo?

kerabo - Unregistered

June 08, 2010 5:34 PM

Its a tricky one. I would love to see Troy Baliss have a go but I dont think Ducati would be very pleased espicall as he wants to make a comback. Altough I wish him well I think James Toseland has had his chance. I dont see why the complete bike cant go into the other camp and let Spies ride it although I guess you would need the mechanics as well and that wont be allowed. So it looks like Colin Edwards is the most likley one.

kerabo - Unregistered

June 08, 2010 5:34 PM

Diesel

June 08, 2010 5:35 PM

"While I would like to see Spies on the Factory bike I think it's too complicated to make it happen (rules, sponsors, etc..)"

Its actually not complicated at all. All that needs to happen is for Jarvis to give the nod and all of a sudden Ben's in the red, white, and blue.

bolts - Unregistered

June 08, 2010 5:35 PM

Barring a rider swap - ie: Edwards to Fiat Yamaha and rookie on Tech 3 - there is a really short list of experienced riders that can ride the Fiat Yamaha.

Elias, Bayliss, Hopkins, Gibernau, McCoy, Ant West.

I can't see JT, Crutchlow crossing. No way Biaggi will (signed to Aprillia, WSBK championship possible). Vermulen (signed to Kwaka). Xaus (signed to BMW).

Sylvain Guintoli?

Ducati cut ties with Haga? He's not going well right now.

Who Cares - Unregistered

June 08, 2010 5:35 PM

Wow, you guys have imagination!
Let's first put a few things right:

- Biaggi is contracted to Aprilia, a competitor of Yamaha's. No way he can accept a temp ride for Yamaha.

- The rookie rule is that rookies cannot ride for a factory team, except at Suzuki because they do not have a satellite team. The rule was meant as an incentive for manufacturers to keep sat teams. So Spies cannot ride in the FIAT Yamaha box. But nothing can prevent Yamaha from drafting Edwards in, with his sat-spec M1, and to lend Rossi's works M1 to Spies in the Tech3 team.

- how on earth would Yamaha hire Bayliss, McCoy... why not Doohan, Gardner... John Dodds? They either need winners, or youngsters, IMO

Artie - Unregistered

June 08, 2010 5:41 PM

please please please let it be Toseland!!

I would love to read his excuses when given the best bike, engineer and crew in the world.

My bet is Bautista will be the only one bringing it home behind piano boy.

« 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »