MotoGP » 1000cc to open MotoGP door for Brits?

"If they limit the 1000cc electronics, Superbike will be a great path to MotoGP and we'll see some Brits back here" - Nicky Hayden.

RawDawg

July 10, 2010 9:32 PM

Yeah right Kenlucky

You can walk into any dealership and find a 2 year old Blade with a Repsol paint job over in the corner with a $1500 to $2000 discount - they couldn't give the damn things away. NO ONE KNOWS what the hell Repsol is or even care where it comes from. Hell, I bet the majority of the sales people don't know. I seen a plenty Suzukis with the Telefonica livery and haven't met a guy yet who knows what it is.

And how many additional Ducati's have you seen on the street since Hayden sign with them? I haven't seen any. I don't know about where you are at but where I'm at the only people who buy new Ducati superbikes are rich douche bags with more money than they know what to do with. You know as well as I do that all those Hayden 848 bikes where sold to people like Tom Cruise, Jay Leno, Micheal Jordan, and the like and are sitting around like a musem piece and probably never ridden.

RawDawg

July 10, 2010 9:44 PM

"HRC had enough from Hayden, his fans and his marketing machine and thus showed him the door by offering a SAT ride (knowing Hayden would NOT accept).Ducati took Hayden for the same reason HRC did at first and in fact it has worked."

HRC NEVER even wanted Hayden dummy. American Honda made them take him because he had an offer with Yamaha to go to GPs. It had nothing to do with selling any damn bikes. HE WAS GOING TO GPs ANYWAY! There was never any bending over backwards for Hayden. They never even want him to be lead rider. After Rossi left they brought in Barros and than Biaggi (who he beat) before they gave him #1 status.

I would bet that Pedrosa handlers and "marketing people" or whatever are twice the headache of anything Nicky could muster up. And where did you ever get that from? Nothing of the sort has ever been reported like that about Nicky. If you got the inside scoop than please share.

And I'm sure him being a WORLD CHAMPION had more to do with Ducati wanting to sign him.

Bees Spies - Unregistered

July 10, 2010 10:13 PM

Ah RawDawgs giving it the poor victim Nicky Hayden bit.... you have to be a bit slow and or American to think anything other than the title fell into Haydens lap in 06, Honda sure as poop stinks knew. Haydens season has returned to the status quo with him showing poor form and will think himself very lucky to get a factory ducati seat again next year stick one of the axe killers in moto2 or RDP a shot and they would show up Hayden as the second rate pish that he is. Still RawDawg you can crow about Benny Spies or the new James Toseland as I like to call him. Mind as bad a rider as Toseland is at least he had a small bit of personality unlike new James aka Ben

CletusQWashingMachineIII

July 10, 2010 10:15 PM

Well, no one in America knowing (or caring) what Repsol is just shows what the rest of the (enlightened) world have long since known. Americans are insular, disinterested, ignorant, racist, patronising, vapid, hypocritical, violent, ignorant (again) swaggering, pig ignorant (encore!) hicks who insist on speaking their mind. Even if what they think doesn't add up to much.

Love and kisses one "douche bag with more money than he knows what to do with" - apparently.

God, I just love sweeping generalisations. If there's one thing I've noticed, there aren't enough offensive sweeping generalisations written on here.

aeolus

July 10, 2010 10:53 PM

@Rawdog

"And how many additional Ducati's have you seen on the street since Hayden sign with them? I haven't seen any"

If you don't have actual sales figures, then you are just blowing smoke out your ass.

RawDawg

July 11, 2010 2:25 AM

Can't I have a conversation with my ol' friend Kenlucky?

@CletusQWashingMachineIII

I said no one "care where it comes from" - meaning the bike's livery not the company you asshat.

Over here Ducati sportbikes cost just about twice as much as Jap bikes so only a "selected few" chose to poney up the cash for one.

@Bees Spies

Nice baiting post - go screw yourself.

@aeolus

ducatinewstoday.com/2009/08/ducati-cuts-production-as-us-sales-decline-by-half/

How about you check out this from Ducati news today from last year that says Ducati US sales fell by half and they had to cut production.

Is that good enough to stop the smoke from coming out of my ass?

And I said I haven't seen an increase in Ducati's on the street in my area - which I haven't. So sales figures have nothing to do with what I've seen personally.

Rowan Boats - Unregistered

July 11, 2010 3:54 AM

I think all the cold weather over there in Britten leaves peoples nuts frozen and undeveloped. there is no one in that miserable floating piece of moss covered dirt capable of wining a wc.Stop dreaming you lady boys.

US UK UGAY - Unregistered

July 11, 2010 4:00 AM

I'm a Honda fan and I'm happy they won the 06 tittle but Nicky was soooo fkn lucky! You cant argue with that. He is not a consistent rider at all and only won 1 or 2 races during 06 and has won just 3 his whole career!

RawDawg

July 11, 2010 4:43 AM

"Nicky was soooo fkn lucky! You cant argue with that"

um, yes I can.

Did you and Bees Spies even see the season?

He lead the championship or was very close to leading the whole damn season and would have won with a race to go if it wasn't for Pedrosa cementing himself in the dumbest move in motorsports history. You don't have a chance of winning the MotoGP championship with a race to spare by luck.

Look - Nicky isn't the greatest MotoGP rider by far nor is he going to be a all time Legend like Rossi or Doohan or Lawson or Rainey or Roberts Snr. He's not the best nor is he the fastest by far or the flashest or the most loved. But he won in 2006 and it wasn't a fluke. He was 3rd in 2005 and beat his teammate Biaggi for crying out loud. He EARNED IT in 2006.

« 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12  »