MotoGP » 1000cc to open MotoGP door for Brits?

"If they limit the 1000cc electronics, Superbike will be a great path to MotoGP and we'll see some Brits back here" - Nicky Hayden.

aeolus

July 11, 2010 10:28 AM

@Rawdog

"Ducati Market Share Moving on Up Ducati North America is claiming that it's market share has grown during the first quarter of 2009 despite the tough economic environment and the tight credit market. The company says it has more than 10% of the key Sport and Streetbike sales in 20 of the top metropolitan markets in..."

Must have been due to the Nicky factor. My point was using your perception of the # of Ducati's in your area as an argument that Nicky did not affect sales is fallacious.

CletusQWashingMachineIII

July 11, 2010 10:50 AM

@ Rawdog.

No you didn't - chimp. You wrote "NO ONE KNOWS what the hell Repsol is or even care where it comes from." It seems you have a selective memory as well as vast ignorance problems - chimp.

Now - over here in the blessed isles of our queen's green and pleasant Britanland (sadly not america - but we manage) Ducati's are a premium purchase too. That does not mean they are ony bought by "rich douche bags" however. Most of the owners I've met are ordinary, hard working folk...not 'chosen ones' whatever that may be.

You often seem to have trouble thinking above the noise of your own verbal masturbation....

Chimp.

aeolus

July 11, 2010 11:10 AM

@RawDog

"HRC NEVER even wanted Hayden dummy. American Honda made them take him because he had an offer with Yamaha to go to GPs. It had nothing to do with selling any damn bikes"

So why was American Honda so anxious to keep Nicky on a Honda? Might it have have do with sales?

Westminister - Unregistered

July 11, 2010 5:16 PM

Verbal Masturbation... how apropos.

Methinks one dwells in the region commonly referred to as the "sticks" or "B.F.E." I'm guessing otherwise, rural america.

I see Repsol Hondas as common as a red Mini Cooper. Around here, that's common enough. As for Ducati's, I see those more often. Spend a few days in the nearest urban city and tell us what you find. Places like Tulsa Oklahoma, or Cleveland don't count. More like Los Angeles, Miami, San Francisco, New York, Atlanta, Chicago, etc. etc.

RawDawg

July 11, 2010 9:05 PM

@aeolus

Did you not read this?
ducatinewstoday.com/2009/08/ducati-cuts-production-as-us-sales-decline-by-half/

It's from Sept of 2009 - not the first quarter. Ducati sales were down in the US BY 50 PERCENT.

And US Honda wanted Nicky in HRC because he has been a Honda guy and racing on a Honda his whole professional career. They would have looked like Suzuki who let Ben go off and win a World title on a Yamaha when he's been racing Suzuki's all his life. And how dumb does Suzuki look now? US Honda didn't make that mistake.

PorchMonkey - Unregistered

July 11, 2010 9:15 PM

Ahh Rawdork has trawled the internet to find a "fact" to back up one of his eleventymillion posts *yawn*

Try posting something other than spewing up the usual I read this on Wiki so it must be true dookie.

Maybe just maybe peeps will think better of you than the fat narrow minded shut in zenaphobe thats incapable of original thought that we both know you are

RawDawg

July 11, 2010 9:15 PM

Now you said I was just blowing smoke out my ass if I didn't have any numbers to back up with I said. I've given you an article that shows Nicky's signing with Ducati has done NOTHING for their sales.

I've never seen any thing that correlates any racers with bike sales. Is there any documentation to support that?

Yamaha had the top 2 guys in MotoGP last year, won WSBK, won BSB, palced 2nd in AMA, has James Stewart raing SX for them yet their production was off last year -53.8% which was more than any other Jap manufaturer.
webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-news/statistics/motorcycle-sales-statistics.htm

So if racing sells so many bikes than why is that?

RawDawg

July 11, 2010 9:24 PM

@Westminister

I see Repsol reps - I never said I didn't.

I see Ducati's as well but mostly Monsters and older models like the 916's and 748's. I said I haven't seen an additional ones in my area. 1098s or 1198s aren't the norm.

And I lived in Atlanta for about 8 years. And that's were my perception NEW Ducati Superbikes owners come from.

At the Vortex on Thurday night theres always a few cool guys had some of the older stuff that's pretty neat. Except for the annoying dry clutches.

RawDawg

July 11, 2010 9:31 PM

Instead of using racial slurs how about you prove me wrong?

Racing is used to build brand loyalty and awareness no doubt.

But to say one rider affects sales so much that they are offered contracts is ridulous.

I'm sure Val has the most fans so Yamaha should easily be the most sold bike right?

Riders get contracts based on talent or sponsor dollars.

« 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13  »