MotoGP » Dovizioso to be downgraded?

Spd - Unregistered

July 22, 2010 5:35 PM

It sucks to finish top 5 (possibly 3rd IMO) in the championship and still lose your factory seat.
I thought Red Bull was stepping up asking for a team, give him a factory bike on their team. Unless he steps it up and beats Dani I doubt he'll actually get a factory spec bike either way, Honda always has plenty of models.

I like Colin but I think his ride will be free next year, I think Innone should get it personally.

lestar

July 22, 2010 5:38 PM

I hope so.

Dovi is just not good enough. Certainly not better than Pedrosa or Stoner, not even close.

He rode a few good races this season. But when it really matters he's just too far away from Pedrosa.

RawDawg

July 22, 2010 5:50 PM

This sucks!

Dovi is 3rd in the championship and is beating Stoner - the guy they just sign! He's been more consistent and faster than Stoner all year.

MCN was saying that Dovi has a clause in his contract that if he is 5th or better after Laguna that he automatically gets a factory contract. But I guess a factory contract doesn't mean he's in the factory team (ie Simoncelli and Spies).

It would best to stay with Honda on factory kit (which is being reported that he will get the same bike as Repsol - like Kato/Gibernau at Gresini) at Gresini than go to Tech 3. The satellite Honda looks better than the Tech 3 bike and it looks like Honda is taking better care of it's satellite teams.

joe850

July 22, 2010 5:54 PM

There is about 16 racers now in Motogp and many complain it is just to few. So what's the plan? Kick out dovi and everyone worse than he, that would leave only about 5 to 6 racers. yeah...that is a good plan. good thinking.

Jay - Unregistered

July 22, 2010 5:57 PM

Why is Crash so sure about Spies gonna replace Rossi? Just because Stoner signed with Honda? Spies cannot replace Lorenzo? Crash has a magic crystal?

:?

nebar1

July 22, 2010 6:06 PM

Dovi is getting shafted already, so early in the season, what are Honda playing at? RawDawg covered some of the points I was going to make after reading the story, I can't believe it they would be so callous. If they are buying a championship by signing Casey, they may come unstuck. Don't jump on me, Stoner isn't winning at the Moment.
Of course MCN might be wrong, but they also say that Edwards is going to WSBK, Rossi is going to Ducati without Jerry & the gang, Rea is going to MotoGP, etc
We'll see I suppose.