MotoGP » US MotoGP - Warm-up times

Dray

July 25, 2010 6:18 PM

I fully expect that tire wear will play a role for casey and Jorge with their balls out riding. FP and QP is a reflection of them coming in to change the tires when they start sliding around, but for real race and laps there is no changing. Ben Spies looks like a podium could be in reach.

This track does not seem to offer many overtaking but for the corners and there are not too many of those.

If Dani gets to the front it will be pretty hard to pass him, affording the riders to bunch up for a few laps.

It will be exciting.

Prediction .....Simoncelli and Kallio will probably crash from what I see on their performance thus far.

This is not a forgiving track with runoffs...

Unos Giganticos - Unregistered

July 25, 2010 6:21 PM

one or two raised eyebrows, looks like Melandri got out of the right side of the bed this morning although I wouldn't put money on it.. Rossi warmup quicker than his pole time??Bet he'saching as well. If he was fit I'd put a few quid down, either way he might be closer to the front that most who don't rate him(I know,what does it take?)thought. However JL has an electric pace and if moaner can try for the whole race he might be up there..

Dani for the wholeshot!!! and maybe the WIN!! Go DP!!

aeolus

July 25, 2010 6:22 PM

I don't think warm up times mean much. Marco did a 22.407 in qualifying. I guess that was Simoncelli that went off. I just switched away for a minute and when I came back a Gessine (?) bike was being pushed off. RLH ahead of Kallio. Kallio taking no chances unlike Simomcelli.

Dray

July 25, 2010 6:26 PM

Melandri found nothing....his Q was 1m 22.407. This is just a warm up....15mins...to tinker with a few things. Rossi seem like the only one that benefitted from the warm up. The others just rode around as best as the cold tires would allow.

Track scene seem to have some morning mist, fog or could be smoke from tires or engines. Wise not to ride too fast.

Doughnuts Anyone

July 25, 2010 6:31 PM

This in my view is shapeing up to be a great race between 27 and 99 and hope with a few other riders in the mix. I just hope if it does come down to 27 and 99 which it does look like I just hope one does not crash so MOTOGP can SHOW F1 wot real racing is.

Plus I have got Eurosport but I cannot wait to see wot the bbc coverage will be like this year remember last year coz I do. They were nearly at turn 1 when their show started.

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

eddiev808 - Unregistered

July 25, 2010 6:33 PM

As is always in the early hours of Laguna Seca... look at everyone in the pits all wearing warm clothing. Every year I've been there for this race it's been rather nippy in the AM with mist in all directions. It will clear up, be sunny but I don't think it will ever be as warm as the year Rossi blew his engine... you know the year they charged $5 for a bottle of water and people were being toted away in ambulances from heat exhaustion... 06 I think... a bit nippy in the stands too with that cross wind coming from the hills. Anyways the sun will come out and lets hope B-stones will hold up for what looks to be a cracker :)

1 2 3  »