MotoGP » 125: Smith takes first pole of year at Brno

Filter Comments: All | Registered

markymark1

August 14, 2010 3:46 PM

Calvin - I wouldn't worry too much about that. Tech3 & Gresini are waiting for his signature if Aspar don't put him on their bike. He will have a good Moto2 bike next year.

As far as today was concerned, 0.5 is a lot to take off a 125 grid and almost a full second ahead of Espagaro is huge. I think the Derbi's have some problems this weekend which has to be engine related - whatever has worked so well for them all year doesn't seem to be working here. Maybe they will sort it overnight.
Anyway - good ride today Bradley.

Oli - Unregistered

August 14, 2010 5:17 PM

Markmark is dead right. Everyone knows Brad won't be on a 125 again next year.

I believe that Aspar are looking to swap di Meglio and Smith, so Brad would be back alongside Simon in Moto2 next year with di Meglio resurrecting his career in 125s. Everyone knows MDM can ride a 125 (hence he's a world champ) but for some reason he and a few of the really promising 250 guys (Pasini, de Rosa) just haven't hooked up with the Moto2 bike and need to take step back to get some confidence again.

Oli

freddy - Unregistered

August 14, 2010 6:07 PM

I would love to see Bradley on a Aspar moto2 bike next year alongside Simon but I just cannot ever see that happening.

I definitely see de Meglio getting the chop and so I think the seat will go to Terol. Terol has got alot of thing on his side one he will probably finish ahead of Bradley in the champenship this year. Two don't forget Terol is Spainsh. Three he probably bring more sponership money to the team which I think will be Bradley biggest problem again as that was why he could not get a moto2 ride last year so he stayed in 125cc.

But I hope Team Aspar see thing differently and offer him the ride just my view on things.

:? :? :? :? :? :? :? :?

Oli - Unregistered

August 14, 2010 7:41 PM

Budget is not a problem for Bradley. Thankfully, because in the past we have seen guys like Chaz finish top 6 into 250s on a 3 year old bike and still not get the financial backing.

But Bradley's family has more than enough money to back him.

Oli

Greener02 - Unregistered

August 14, 2010 8:45 PM

I think Terol will get the bike next year in moto2 and Bradders will go to Tech3 and Espargaro to Gresini, and for di Megilo to go back to 125cc, are you mad? why would he go back into a championship he has already won? he will just find another ride in Moto2. But i don't know who Aspar are going to sign for their 125 squad next year, they can't just bring in riders who won't win the championship.

Bradfan - Unregistered

August 14, 2010 9:18 PM

Well done Brad,finish it off tomorrow. I think the top 4 125cc riders all deserve to go to Moto2 and to good teams. I agree Aspar will have difficulty getting good riders next year, there is a big gap to the rest this year. They need experience, perhaps Folger, he has been a dissapointment this year, or even Danny Webb. Hope Danny Kent get a ride next year, been very consistant in Red Bull rookies races this year.

1 2  »