MotoGP » Masao Furusawa: Godfather of the M1

Filter Comments: All | Registered

RawDawg

August 19, 2010 3:19 PM

"I came up with the cross plane crankshaft and new electronic control to catch up the competitors," said Furusawa. "After that I organised the people, trained engineers, invited the best rider to the team, prepared the budget, negotiated with a strong sponsor and flighted with an enemy inside of Yamaha Motors."

Wait, what?

No, no Mr. Furusawa you couldn't have come up with the cross plane crankshaft! And it was not you who reorganized Yamaha's race department! I was told all that was done by Rossi and JB and all the credit is to them by the good people who post on Crash. They wouldn't lie to me or tell me wrong. Surely you are just taking all the glory for yourself. Liar!

Dray

August 19, 2010 3:48 PM

Yeah RawDawg...he came up with all that...but Jeremy and Rossi with his crew put all that together with proper testing for the geometry, the right engines, chasis etc. No dout he invented some of the stuff. but as all inventors would need a Rider to give proper feedback and Rossi is DA MAN FUH DAT!!!! Dont forget the electronics too. JB and company made all them things the most optimum tuned.

WAKE UP RAWDAWG and don't be a one eye cyclops!!!!!

RawDawg

August 19, 2010 4:07 PM

wake up to what?

That it was a team that changed Yamaha and not 1 person?

er, seems to me like I was never asleep about that and saw that clearly with both eyes. Go preach that "wake up, one eyed" garbage to the blind and blinkered.

Southerner

August 19, 2010 4:08 PM

Great article crash.Points of interest for me.
1)As the sun sets on Rossi's birthday,it rises on Masao's...16th and 17th of Feb.
2)I just got back from a ride on a 90 Degree crank
L-Twin that was the brain child of Dr.Fabio Taglioni

Nevertheless,a great career,a great engineer and an amazing record in 4 stroke GP.

Dray

August 19, 2010 4:09 PM

Actually ...lets give RawDawg a big Hip Hip Hooray for finally being able to say that Masao Furusawa made the bike into what it is today.

I mean he sat in his office and made some great corporate moves. (*Yep .. that's building the bike*)

I mean he secretly went out and tested it to make sure it worked to perfection for Vale since Honda would not release him. (*Yep ..Rossi and JB and Crew poached did nothing bike*)

I mean when he made several engines and chassis, Masao tested and told Rossi which one to use.

I mean in 2006 when Masao sat back and did no work, it caused Rossi to lose 2006 and 2007. (Yep...not Rossi fault*)

Masao forced Rossi to switch to BS in 2008.

LMA

RawDawg

August 19, 2010 4:19 PM

um ,Dray

Do you see where I say anything negative about Rossi or take anything from him?

So why are your yellow panties in a twist?

You know as well as I do that people give ALL the credit to Rossi and JB which isn't true. I don't buy the bull that the "fans" spew because I know better. Sorry for not being an agreeing and following sheep.

Just like Rossi doesn't design anything or knock up any parts, the engineers don't ride the bike. It's a 2 way street that for some reason only gets talked about like it's one way.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »