MotoGP » MotoGP pays tribute to Shoya Tomizawa

jonny h - Unregistered

September 05, 2010 4:33 PM

R.I.P shoya my thoughts go out to your family and freinds at this sad time

Yamaha-M1 - Unregistered

September 05, 2010 4:34 PM

The race means nothing I am very saddened to hear this news a great talent like Shoya losing his life today in a sport he liked be was destined to be in MotoGP soon my thoughts go out his family and friends

RIP Shoya.

Playboy GP20

September 05, 2010 4:35 PM

Timothy kent a.k.a playboy gp20 is feeling the pain too. My prayers are with you. Friends and family of shoya. R.I.P.

Ken Oath - Unregistered

September 05, 2010 4:45 PM

I cannot believe this race was not red flagged, with an obviously seriously injured, unconcious rider on the track. Yet last weeks race at Indy was for a much more minor incident. Complete crap!

I wonder if anything will be said by Dorna or the Track about the handling of this terrible accident, or whether there will be any sort of enquiry. Even if the way Shoya was handled had no impact on his outcome, to know that he was loaded onto a stretcher and dropped while rushing him of the track so the show could go on is disgusting.

R.I.P. Shoya.

Ian Kennard - Unregistered

September 05, 2010 4:51 PM

The race should have been stopped - simple as that. I hope Scott is okay as it must have been a traumatic experience. Thoughts are with Shoya's family and friends. Very sad day for motor cycling.

XAVIER Fernandes - Unregistered

September 05, 2010 4:52 PM

I feel very very sad about today's race. I don't know what should be the right thing to post here. But I just want to offer my deepest condolences to Shoya's fans, friends and especially his family. I am very very sad to know that he lost his life in a sport that all of us love, including Shoya. He was a very nice racer and especially a very much nicer human being. I hope he still keeps that nice smile of his in heaven, cause we knew he was destined to be a MotoGP racer someday and make us Asians proud. R.I.P. Shoya. :(

Xavier Fernandes - Unregistered

September 05, 2010 5:00 PM

I strongly agree. Why did they not stop the race? And was he dropped? Is this true? If it is then this really bad! Why would they rush to continue the race?

MB - Unregistered

September 05, 2010 5:04 PM

I'd never heard of Tomizawa until the first couple of races in moto2 this year and his ability, heart and courage struck a immediate cord and made him an instant addition to the guys you really look out for, and look forward to seeing every race weekend. A sad loss to the sport.

R89 - Unregistered

September 05, 2010 5:15 PM

what the heck is wrong with the marshals?? thats no way to treat an injured racer especially right after a horrible accident. and if its for the sake of the show then shame on you!

R.I.P Shoya..