MotoGP » Prosecutor considers action over Tomizawa death

MuppetControl - Unregistered

September 07, 2010 11:19 AM

Let's hope they take Dorna and the circuit owners to the f****n cleaners. What happened was a complete disgrace. I've never seen such self-interest override a riders personal safety before. They should hang their heads in shame.

aeolus

September 07, 2010 11:24 AM

If it's anything like the case against the Williams F-1 team in the death of Ayrton Senna, check back in a decade.

MagicalNumber7

September 07, 2010 11:27 AM

I don't think you can hold the guy that dropped the stretcher as accountable, if his instructions are to remove the rider from the track as quickly as possible then that is his job. It was just an unfortunate accident that he dropped the stretcher. The blame should be placed upon the shoulders of race direction - that race should of been red flagged and appropriate action taken immediately.

keech998 - Unregistered

September 07, 2010 11:29 AM

@Muppet

I think thats a bit harsh. Yes, dropping Shoya was terrible, and it does'nt look good for the marshals, but i doubt it contributed directly to his death. If you watched the reply, you can see he's struck in the head first, and then redding runs over his torso, completely crushing it.

What happened is terrible, a true loss for the sport, however we're not in an American 'blame culture' here. Shoya died from his injuries sustained from being hit severely by two bikes, not from being dropped by the marshals.

I think the Marshal that actually tripped and dropped his end of the stretcher should be banned from marshalling, but to sue Dorna, or the track would be wrong, and drag out the situation for Shoya's family and friends.

RIP Shoya

A Thinker - Unregistered

September 07, 2010 11:30 AM

I totally agree that this should be investigated.

Lets hope that it does not take long to complete.

At the very least this should be done for the respect of Tomizawa and for the future of the sport to prevent such poor medical care happening again.

I hope that De angelis and Scott Redding are spared from this (Although i assume they wont be prosecuted) but they may be interviewed for evidence especially scott has he can explain how he felt he was treated.

The autopsy I hope does not show that more damage was caused by being dropped but if it does then let all concerned get absolutely made a point of in public as it was terribly managed by dorna, the medical staff and the marshalls.

RIP Tomizawa

and I hope scott and De angelis can recover to race again.

Ricky - Unregistered

September 07, 2010 11:33 AM

What the hell, how would dropping the stretcher cause more damage? Its ridiculous. There's no way dropping the stretcher would've influenced the outcome of his injuries, and I think this article is misleading, it doesn't state that the course of action will be against this. Also the comments saying the race should be red flagged - well I don't think it needed to be, maybe it should of been but it wouldn't of helped anything, if not made things more difficult to get to clinica mobili.
He crashed right next to the ambulance.

Whats more worrying however are the claims he died on the track and was dead on arrival to the hospital, and the Dorna Press stating the wrong time of death.

Stephen Silva - Unregistered

September 07, 2010 11:37 AM

Good. I hope DORNA get wasted for this. As said previously, the marshll was just doing his job. and the drop was an ACCIDENT. To be instructed to get a rider off the track no matter what is stupid. What if the rider had a chance but a broken neck? Do you just dump them on a stretcher haphazardly so you can deal with the problem "properly" later? It's ridiculous! so much damage can be done my moving someone inappropriately.
In this case, poor tomizawa had no chance after such collisions, but the way DORNA do things is a disgrace. They did the same thing to that poor rider (Morales?) at Catalunya when he collided with Noyes. Rider got hit by a bike, and they just picked him up and hoisted him off the track for the sake of the race. How can they treat people's lives with such distain?

Dr GP - Unregistered

September 07, 2010 11:39 AM

I felt sick when I saw the crash and replays. It doesn't take an expert to know he was in a really bad way. It was an unavoidable accident and I am not sure the finger should be pointed at anyone to blame them for his death. It was simply a tragedy. I am not convinced that red flagging the race of removing him from the ground slower would have meant he would have survived so why investigate? It only prolongs the agony for all involved (including Scott and Alex). Investigations are too often driven by sadness and anger over tragic deaths rather than substantial misconduct and rarely result in outcomes that help the family or wider community. He died because he had a dreadful crash and was hit by two bikes in two critical areas of his body. No other reason. Please lets be sensible.

Pete - Unregistered

September 07, 2010 11:39 AM

Very soon there will be no motor racing in Italy if this is allowed to continue, yes it is sad someone died but they know the risks and they choose to take them in all countries. R.I.P Shoya you will be missed.

aeolus

September 07, 2010 11:45 AM

As I saw it, Tomi lost control because he got a wheel on the astro turf. Colin Edwards did the same thing at Assen I think in '06 when he lost 1st place to Hayden and I thought then why have such a slippery material at track verge. This was the cause of of the accident.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »