MotoGP » Melandri regrets Capirossi comments, has Misano concerns

Gaz - Unregistered

September 16, 2010 11:26 AM

"Then on Sunday there was the Moto2 race with the terrible incident for Tomizawa in the same corner where I had a bad accident myself in 2007. I was really upset because I had raised my concerns at the time about the artificial grass, which is too close to the rumble strip"

Err the accident had nothing to do with the artificial grass Marco ?
Tomizawa lost it on the kerbing ,did you not see the replay ?
What are you going on about ?

Matt - Unregistered

September 16, 2010 12:19 PM

The conversation was listed on GPOne. From what I remember, Melandri basically said something about Capirossi wearing a burglars mask to his contract signing with Pramac because it was highway robery that he'd take money from them for a ride and that old people like him should leave and make way for younger riders. Capirossi responded by saying Melandri is only going to WSBK because he couldn't get another GP ride.

Based on Melandri's comments here it sounds like he was trying to joke with Capi, but it didn't go over well.

jake - Unregistered

September 16, 2010 1:53 PM

If that is correct then it is kind of a funny joke. because it's true.for him to got to pramac now which was basically the ride offered him when he got kicked out of the factory team basically shows he is just riding for money

Even funnier about the joke is that it applies to Marco too. because he his past it (that is if he ever had it). One decent year in MotoGP and the rest a bunch of excuses and injury filled years. Why Yamaha thinks he can ride/develope the R1 in SBK is beyond me. If that bike doesn't work straight out the box it's pretty much year over and Marco will pout

Dolphin boy - Unregistered

September 16, 2010 2:43 PM

@Gaz. Shoya had a minor bobble on the entry to the corner, causing him to run wide. He was on the bike just fine on the kerb, and the front end only 'tucked' when the front wheel touched the fake grass. MM is completely correct. I watched EuroSport's live coverage, on sky+. I wish I hadn't.
My very best wishes to Scott & Alex. Keep Racing.

aeolus

September 16, 2010 3:02 PM

A careful review of the accident will show Tomi's with a wheel on the Astroturf. It was mentioned as well in an article on gpone I believe. In any event I'll take MM's word over any posters here.

tardozzi - Unregistered

September 16, 2010 3:05 PM

well jake if melandri starts to chase his tail ,and complain about setup and lack of feeling on the r1,we have a very able and straight talking laverty to keep us informed about how the bike really handles,hes pretty good with bike set up ,tho hes not got any superbike experience,he will get his head around it quickly tho,and keep melandri on his toes

1 2 3  »