MotoGP » PICS: Marc Marquez taken out at turn one

"In the end, it was useless, a weekend ruined by Krummenacher"

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Fine

September 23, 2010 12:12 PM

Uy, this is fun! Now I can hardly guess who will be the champion xD now this IS 125!!!! (L)

However I don't really like it what Marquez said. About Krummenacher ruined his weekend, and blah blah blah. It's not like he did it on purpose! And I just think that it's the risk of racing. I know that he's damn disappointed and angry, but still, he needs to grow up.

In RTVE, he even said "Krummenacher has ruined everything" geez it's not like that this is the last race of the season. And hell, he didn't end up like Tomizawa-senshu *:'(*! He can still fight and win the championship. Why should he say Krummenacher has ruined 'everything'? (N)

Oli - Unregistered

September 23, 2010 12:28 PM

I agree that whilst it was a mistake from Randy, these things happen in racing and I cannot understand the black flag at all.

However, in defence of Marquez, yes he has to grow up but that he is because he is 17 years old! He is in with a real chance of a world title, there's a lot of hope there, as well as a lot of pressure and expectation, then he gets taken out through no fault of his own. It is natural that he will be upset and say things. I am sure if you took the emotion out of him he'd see it was a genuine racing mistake, but it is an emotional sport.

Remember how p*ssed Nicky was at Estoril in 06? And he was a grown man! It's an understandable reaction.

shykss - Unregistered

September 23, 2010 12:53 PM

@ Oli - you're not being fair. I think anybody in Marc's situation will feel the same, older or not. From being the championship leader, he now lies third!! To be fair, I think even Rossi will feel pissed if the same thing happened to him.

Jimmy - Unregistered

September 23, 2010 12:55 PM

I would really like to see Marquez become W.C but I see Terol winning it. I am not a fan of his but he always seems to get the luck and I hate it and was well happy for Pol when he beat him.

Also I reckon if Marc doesn't win the title I bet Randy will lose his Red Bull sponsorship at the end of the year.

Bluey

September 23, 2010 1:06 PM

"...because the guys in front of me closed the door and I had to ride inside the curbs"

well, dumb ass, when the guys in front of you close the door, YOU DON'T RIDE INSIDE THE CURBS. unless of course you're trying to save a crash. but gsus, i saw the replay and can fully understand the black flag.

markymark1

September 23, 2010 2:16 PM

Kind of a ridiculous looking move by Randy (although a lot of folks who had the benefit of rewinding it live said he did looked to be tagged from behind & this was before the black flag) but this is racing.
It might be a pretty crappy thing to think but its certainly good for the title fight (especially with Pol winning).

I have to say, I thought the black flag was an absolute disgrace.
UNLESS race direction start to use it for any on track stunts like that. But they won't which will make it a farce. Whichever way you look at it, it was not purposeful, vindictive or malicious. The guy f*cked up - and we don't black flag riders for that.

Sheesh - Unregistered

September 23, 2010 4:47 PM

MOTORSPORT IS DANGEROUS. It says so at the entrance of race circuits and on the ticket you buy. If any one in the business or a fan can't accept that, i hear Tennis or Golf is rather good.
Let a complete ***** design a track then black flag a rider for racing. Way to go.

Cedric - Unregistered

September 23, 2010 5:08 PM

I think mistakes of that kind must be penalised. the guy goes like a madman into the first corner an ruins Marquez race. Marquez can't continue but krummenacher get back on track and possibly get some points... NO WAY. Severe but necessary. Terol should have been penalised too in Silverstone when he ruined Vazquez's race.

Oli - Unregistered

September 23, 2010 11:14 PM

@ shykes

Perhaps you can explain what you think I was being unfair about because we seem to be agreeing! ie. it is only natural that Marquez would be upset.

@ Cedric

Cheats should be penalised, racers shouldn't. Yes, it is unfair that Marquez loses points through no fault of his own, but that's racing. Randy was at fault, everyone saw it and everyone knows it. But Randy didn't crash on purpose, he was racing, he was pushing, he made a mistake. It happens to every single motorcycle racer the world over, from club racers to Rossi himself. Penalising people for crashing will mean every single racer out there gets a penalty at some point! Crazy idea.

Oli