MotoGP » Lorenzo: Some of Rossi's moves 'a bit much'

"Maybe in the future Rossi's rivals will get a little bit mad and act like him."

aeolus

October 03, 2010 11:07 AM

I doubt if anyone in the Yamaha camp would dare mention team orders to Rossi! but with Pedro out for a couple of races, JLo could afford a few points. Great battle! But the leg thing should be banned.

FatRabbitRacing - Unregistered

October 03, 2010 11:09 AM

Jorge, why put your championship on the line at such a late stage? Seems to me that that you need two protagonists to have a fight, (but what a great dice). Nice one Vatentino. Now go and get the shoulder fixed ready for next year.

hoppy

October 03, 2010 11:11 AM

Well we all know how Vale loves to clash fairings from time to time thats his style.But at the end of the day Jorge didnt have to get caught up in it if he didnt want to.He doesnt need to risk getting involved with that kind of racing at this stage in the game.He allowed himself toget carried away with the heat of battle when he could easily have backed off and said"bugger this i will back off and take the points".The title is his,why risk injury for no real reason?Just my 2 pence worth!

Kleftiko - Unregistered

October 03, 2010 11:12 AM

I pay my hard earned money to watch MotoGP & I expect to be entertained. This is what I expect to see at all races, not the usual time trials. Massive respect to both riders & thank you for entertaining me.

Joeski - Unregistered

October 03, 2010 11:15 AM

OK..great battle..let us not be a bunch of hypocrites on here!!

Jorge is not battling for the title!

There are no contenders! because no one "left" on the grid can win the title but Jorge! the battle between him and Rossi was solely his decision and if they had crashed he would have himself to blame. Rossi, however is battling for 2nd or 3rd in the championship, his decision was already made before the race to beat whosoever is in front of him!

There are no team orders!! Rossi has no role to play in protecting Jorge, because no one on the grid can win the title even if Jorge stops racing for the rest of the season. Pedro will not be back or in shape if he comes back to win the title.
As the champion elect, we fans can do 2 things! Thank him for the battle! or accuse him of being stupid for risking crashing and the ruining of the rest of his season! But do not blame Rossi for racing.

Klong14 - Unregistered

October 03, 2010 11:18 AM

It's easy to say Lorenzo should take it easy but this is why he's going to be a great champion! Killer instinct.

Can you imagine the tantrum Rossi would take if he was a title contender and Lorenzo wasn't and Lorenzo nearly knocked him off?! If I were Mr Furusawa I would tell Rossi he'd just blown getting released for testing! Rossi jumped the start too, whether he gained or not, jump start.

Joeski - Unregistered

October 03, 2010 11:19 AM

LOL...Sorry...ranting carried over from previous story about "Stoner winning but JL and VR stealing the show"

This is not directed at anyone who just posted ahead of me!!

Belly - Unregistered

October 03, 2010 11:20 AM

Forgive me for thinking that I have heard those words before! Goodness me, we can't be talking about the GOAT can we?

MotoGp has fallen a long way when 4 overtaking moves in the last 2 laps, 6 in the entire 24 lap race becomes an "epic battle". Despite my sarcasm it was great to see some racing at this event.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »