MotoGP » Yamaha: Rossi was 'too aggressive'

"We made our position clear. You don't do this; especially considering the situation in the championship."

Ringo Reeves - Unregistered

October 04, 2010 12:54 PM

The toy's were out of Jorge's pram on Sat when he qualifyed 4th. He was slapping his bike then waled straight through the garage.

Also noticed for the race he was out on pit wall watching the starts. Who's he trying to copy there, I wonder.

Lainey - Unregistered

October 04, 2010 12:57 PM

Its called Racing, i would have thought with the number of times Rossi has won races & championships for them that Yamaha would have been familiar with this concept. Its all geared to their favouritism of their number 1 rider Lorenzo. They have so quickly forgotten all Rossi has done for them in turning a bike that had been going nowhere into a winning bike. They have betrayed him & done the dirty on him. They didnt say anything to him when he did the same kind of pass on Stoner at Leguna Seca last year. He'll be better off at Ducati.

Matt - Unregistered

October 04, 2010 12:57 PM

spinky101 - how many times has his "dangerous riding" caused someone else to crash? How many times has it caused other riders to get incured in said crashes? Gibernau is the only one I can think of off the top of my head, but he just ran into the gravel and then finished the race - never actually crashed or fell down.

What about other folks who are considered dangerous riders? Simoncelli? How many times has his riding caused crashes?

khushy - Unregistered

October 04, 2010 1:12 PM

errrrr - its a race - we need more of this and less of the a presession - I would love to see all the MotoGP boys in Moto2 - then it would be all about the RACER!!!

Roll on Valentiono to Ducati - then we will see who is THE boss!

Khushy

Len Chapman - Unregistered

October 04, 2010 1:15 PM

It seems there is a touch of sour grapes going on here coupled with the fact that Valentino is leaving Yamaha but had it been a battle with Casey then it would have been said "thats racing". Grow up Yamaha' Lin Jarvis, jorge and everyone else who commented.

Keep it up Valentino

waz

October 04, 2010 1:17 PM

There goes winter testing on the Ducati then!!

I don't have strong feelings either way, but in hindsight Yamaha have probably got a a point - Rossi was probably too aggressive towards a team-mate who is about to win the championship, but it's interesting that Yamaha went public with this. I guess they want to be seen publicly backing their lead rider in 2011.

In any event, we all know Rossi didn't really come 3rd because he jumped the start and should have been given a ride-through. Dorna using the opportunity to hand him that penalty post-race would be one way of sending a message about the kind of riding that's acceptable.

TheTroll - Unregistered

October 04, 2010 1:22 PM

@Matt
Rossi did the same thing to Melandri on the same track and probably the same corner in 2005 and took them both out and caused an injury to Melandri in the process.

TheTroll - Unregistered

October 04, 2010 1:31 PM

I think Rossi apologised to Melandri and admitted it was his mistake.....Oh my god, I'm posting to myself....I'm going to go outside now and give my self a good bitch slapping...Cos thats what I deserve.
I'm such a stupid girlie!

« 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14  »