MotoGP » Moto2: Kenan Sofuoglu to race at Estoril, Valencia

Kenan Sofuoglu to make grand prix debut at Estoril

Filter Comments: All | Registered

Greener02 - Unregistered

October 08, 2010 10:33 AM

Good luck to him, he needs a step-up in class he'd out grown WSS, I think he can get into the points Michele Pirro did it. I think we will see this guy full-time next year, but i don't know who with.

Jon

October 08, 2010 10:40 AM

This will be one hell of a culture shock.
Ok, Moto2 bikes have less bhp but the chassis and tyres are completely different.

(Except the pre-season MZ/CBR600!!!)

It'll be tough for him to jump on and immediately be fast.

Shrieker

October 08, 2010 11:03 AM

Looking at what Michele Pirro achieved, I think it'll be a culture shock for the audience seeing a stranger hop on a moto2 bike and go straight for a podium.

His decision came after he rode a Kalex Moto2 bike pre-season, and you'd have thought he found a treasure map or something by his comments. We'll see how accurate a map that was. But 600cc's are his thing.

no comment - Unregistered

October 08, 2010 11:12 AM

Something about this article seems a little in bad taste to me. It just seems a little disrespectful to Shoya Tomizawa.

Maybe it's just me.

I do agree that he has outgrown WSS. If he gets on a decent bike next year I think he might just win it. He's a bit like Charpentier. Just can't ride the big bikes.

Alikenan - Unregistered

October 08, 2010 12:23 PM

I dont agree with the comment 'he cant ride big bikes'
he rides pretty good with big bikes too but just the year he jumped to superbike he had been thru lots of bad time like losing his 2nd brother on the track as well as other one. so he just couldnt focus on the championship.
It will take a while for him to get used to new bike on moto2 but in the end he will make his way to the top

Yamazuki - Unregistered

October 08, 2010 3:01 PM

I'm getting the popcorn already, I think this kid will be fast on a Moto2....remains to be seen if he can deal with 40 other piranhas on the track at the same time though....

Slower engine on a faster chasis means to me he WILL ride the wheels of that thing.

mikeebee

October 08, 2010 3:15 PM

I think Kenan should do well by the time they get to Valencia. He knows that track but I don't think he knows Estoril. A new bike, new track, new tires and 39 unfamiliar Moto2 maniacs may be a bit much to deal with at the first race. Hopefully he gets some testing like Jason Disalvo did.

Its time he moves on. I don't want to see this guy in WSS next year, been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

Lloyd - Unregistered

October 08, 2010 3:35 PM

I lost all respect for Kenan a couple of years ago when he tried to hit Josh Hayes down the front straight at Protugal.
That said, he really is the fastest rider in the WSS grid and I think he's going to shock the Moto2 ranks by being competitive right out of the box. He can't ride anything bigger than a 600 though, as evidence by his dismal performance in WSBK, leaving him only Moto2 to move his career along.
It will be interesting to see what happens in the upcoming races.

Dannyboy

October 08, 2010 4:08 PM

Theres no room for cry babies in moto 2. I can't wait to see the "kids" treat him like a pinball. I would love to see him run with Herrin and Eslick. he would end up a wimpering ball, sucking his thumb, calling for mommy!