MotoGP » Hayden 0.1sec from first Ducati pole

stavros - Unregistered

October 09, 2010 10:05 AM

Hayden was third last for a lot of that session and then he rips that lap! Ridiculous! I would love to have seen it he must have been ON IT. Still, somehow on race tyres I doubt he'll be near the podium.

Lloyd - Unregistered

October 09, 2010 10:09 AM

I like Hayden personally, but lap times don't lie. Hayden won't finish on the podium. In fact, I'll bet Edwards finishes in front of him. Barring crashes by the leaders or a rain race, I'll place Hayden 6th or 7th at the line.

If it rains, I wouldn't count Hayden out for a win.

Guy - Unregistered

October 09, 2010 10:16 AM

This will work out perfectly for Lorenzo. Two guys that can match his race pace, Stoner and Rossi, are starting behind two guys that can't - Hayden and Spies. If Jorge can make a good start and set a few quick laps at the front its race over unless Stoner and Rossi make blinding starts. Hopefully Dovi can get the rocketship Honda off the line well and get in front of Jorge.

Oli - Unregistered

October 09, 2010 10:24 AM

Interesting comment on the rain Lloyd - Much as I am a fan, I don't remember Nicky ever doing well in the wet? But my memory is not the best. Not that he should be good in the wet - he is from Kentucky! I reckon when it rains the teams should wildcard some local riders from Knockhill - they'd kick ass!

But I really like Nicky. He just does not know when he is beaten / written off / past it / any other criticsm aimed at him. Works his **** off to make up for not being the most talented or the fastest. And a great personality to boot. Pedrobot may be way faster and way more talented, but Nicky is way more interesting and Nicky has won a MotoGP world title. Respect.

Oli

Lloyd - Unregistered

October 09, 2010 10:44 AM

@ oli,

I always remember Nicky at Indy during the "Hurricane" race finishing 2nd.
If it pours in Malaysia tomorrow, it will probably be a monsoon. Nicky can do really well in those kind of conditions, and it's the rider, not the best electronics package, that win those kind of races. :)

waz

October 09, 2010 11:21 AM

Expect Stoner and Rossi to mug them all on the start and be right up there with Lorenzo.

Nice to see Hayden up there - would also be nice to see some consistency though. One hot lap doth not a podium make.

Yamaha-M1 - Unregistered

October 09, 2010 12:19 PM

Another battle like Silverstone for 3rd between two Americans would be perfect or a hammering Hayden received on his home track at Indy a couple of months ago by Elbowz.

s - Unregistered

October 09, 2010 12:55 PM

The reason Hayden went so well at Indy in the wet is because he used a super soft wet rear--a tire that wouldn't last (full) race distance. But it didn't have to since the race was stopped early due to the deteriorating weather. After the race Nicky said his tire rep had been sick with worry on the starting grid, knowing what tire was on the bike, and that he was happy with P2 and glad the race was called early because there was nothing left to the tire and he would've lost a bunch of positions had the race gone full distance.

So I don't think a wet race at Malaysia will be of much help. Hopefully, this set-up they used from testing will work for the race.

1 2 3 4  »