MotoGP » Moto2: Kenan Sofuoglu chooses Technomag for 2011

Kenan Sofuoglu signs for Technomag-CIP.

Lloyd - Unregistered

November 06, 2010 7:57 PM

I've stated on here before that I am not a fan of Kenan, ever since he tried to hit Josh Hayes down the front straight of Portimao in 2008. Poor sportsmanship.

That said, Kenan will likely be next years Moto2 champion. Look what he has been able to do on an unknown bike, tyres and team. Can't imagine how much better he is going to be next year after some testing on that bike! Ouch.

Shrieker

November 06, 2010 8:18 PM

Why you -and some other guys- keep bringing that up I'll never know.

I guess had he barged Hayes out of the way like Rossi did to Gibernau it would've been forgotten by now (not that he didn't do it to some other rider on another occasion).

Anyway, I wish him the best of luck tomorrow and in 2011.

Lloyd - Unregistered

November 06, 2010 8:31 PM

Shrieker,

Go to Youtube and type in "SBK 2008 - Portimao Supersport Highlights". Go to the 47 second mark of the video.

While Rossi may have some questionable passes on people, he's never done anything like that. Worst Rossi has done is flip Biaggi off mid-turn.

Realfan 10 - Unregistered

November 06, 2010 8:55 PM

Lloyd have you forgotten Rossi 'T' boning Sete Gibenau on the last corner of the Spanish GP. Keenan's fist waving is no where near as bad as Rossi's moves. Rossi likes to intimidate or bully his rivals with fairing bashing..which he has done on numerous occasions, even with his team mate Lorenzo recently. At least Jorge beat him last time out fair and square without a dirty pass.

Keenan does look good though, and I wish him the best of luck for next season.

TURK - Unregistered

November 06, 2010 10:20 PM

I' m surprised on his decision. Actually, his feedback was to sign Gresini before flying to Valencia.

But, if what happened,it doesn' t matter now. I wish him good luck for 2011. I hope that he will offer us a great show by his colourful ride style!...

TURK - Unregistered

November 06, 2010 10:43 PM

From Official Press part1

Kenan SOFUOGLU, the Turkish pilot, twice Supersport World champion, decided to continue the adventure in the MOTO2 world championship with the Franco Swiss structure Technomag CIP. His contract was signed yesterday late at night in order to ride serenely during this weekend in Valencia.

TURK - Unregistered

November 06, 2010 10:48 PM

Part2 & Kenan says
First of all I would like to thank the teams who spoke to me regarding a possible cooperation for the 2011 season.I'm honoured that I received some very interesting offers from teams who championships in the past and for me it was a difficult decision.At the end the deciding factor was the eagerness of the team TECNOMAG CIP to continue Shoya's dream and become World champion in 2011.

t - Unregistered

November 06, 2010 10:50 PM

Part3 & Kenan says: I am looking forward to work with Gilles Bigot and his team which,in my opinion, provide a perfect combination of experience and ambition.

Alain Bronec owner's team and Gilles Bigot Technical manager confrm the happiness of the team to welcome Kenan for the 2011 season of Moto2 world championship “we are very satisfied to work with Kenan, it's a very Professional guy focused on his job and he does what it takes to succeed.”

cemo - Unregistered

November 06, 2010 11:12 PM

"That is not what you would call good sportmanship, riding for position or making a pass. Swinging your arm and trying to punch a guy is pure b.s. I lost all respect for Kenan as a rider after that."

While I agree that it was a deplorable thing to do, surely if we applied that rationale then we'd be fans of very few riders. Perhaps some forgive and forget is in order here? Nori Haga dumping oil at Donington and not getting off the racing line? Biaggi taking Haga out at Misano? Rossi on Gib as already mentioned? I'm sure Josh Hayes won't hold it against Kenan forever, so I don't know why you should.

1 2 3  »