MotoGP » Gardner: 'Big mistake' to write off Rossi

“If Rossi had to wait until next year to test the bike, 2011 would probably have shaped up as a bit of a disaster” – Wayne Gardner.

LGC - Unregistered

December 06, 2010 9:58 AM

For some saying anything but Rossi is god is wrong..
I think Gardner is wrong and that not many people are writting off Rossi but his lap-times were just not great that's all.I think that Rossi will have a hard time to win races on the duc but we will have to wait and see

happydays

December 06, 2010 10:27 AM

I definitely agree with WG on some points, like, without a new bike made to his cup of tea 2011 would have been a shocker, and VR's respect for CS's riding ability would have risen dramatically after his taste of the current form duc.

I would have loved to have heard what was going on inside VR's helmet when he took the duc out that test!

Ancientone80 - Unregistered

December 06, 2010 10:30 AM

I was at Phillip Island this year and attended a night session at the Silverwater Resort where Wayne Gardner was the guest speaker. I was looking forward to seeing him, but after a while it became clear that he was a 'born' story teller and at times showed he didn't let the truth get in the way of a 'good' story. My take was that he is a Rossi fan, no doubt about it, fair enough. But I nearly stood up and said something (my wife grabbed me) when in my opinion he was disrespectful to Stoner.
So that being said, I wonder if like Rossi, he also now has a new level of respect for Casey's ability/ I certainly hope so.
Peace

Barry G Russell - Unregistered

December 06, 2010 10:31 AM

Good article. Sure the Ducati is difficult to ride fast, but it's winning races. The Yamaha M1 was one of the worst bikes out there before Rossi and Burgess got hold of it and won in its first ever outing - and that's not even taking into account the genius of Ducati's Felipe Preziosi! It's just amazing how pundits can be so dismissive of one of such a great champion. I expect Rossi to feed off their cycnicism and really stick it to them.

rattle

December 06, 2010 10:33 AM

"I think there's a good chance Vale now has an even higher regard for Casey's ability"
haha. this is so wrong. Rossi will never say something like this. i remember hayden telling that whatever they pay stoner to ride the duc isn't enough after his 1st few laps on the duc. But rossi will never say anything like this.

rockstar - Unregistered

December 06, 2010 11:05 AM

write him off clearly unwise decision, but to see casey fast straight away on honda kind a freakin everyone out. 2011 really gonna be the best GP ever for the last 10 years. it will be the ultimate challenge for rossi career even more than the 2003

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »