MotoGP » Crutchlow: I intend to be best Brit in MotoGP in years

2011 MotoGP rookie Cal Crutchlow acknowledges that he faces a media roasting should he fail to perform in the premier class with Tech 3 Yamaha - but he insists: "Give me time, and I'll get the results!"

JDW - Unregistered

December 09, 2010 7:22 PM

I sincerely hope Cal does well, he seems very motivated and has shown that he can be quick at times, although I am not sure that 5th on a race-winning bike in WSBK is worthy of a promotion to MotoGP. Nevertheless, it may be that he gells better on the MotoGP bike, so we will just have to wait and see. One thing that is for sure, and Cal modestly acknowledges, he won't be matching/surpassing the meteoric Ben Spies....Best of luck Cal, I will be rooting for you!

Who knows!!! - Unregistered

December 09, 2010 7:27 PM

I don't know what it is about Crutchlow but he just annoys the cr4p out of me! I find him so arrogant. He doesn't deserve the ride in MotoGP off the back of his mediocre WSBK season!!! I thought MotoGP was the pinnacle of motorbike racing. What a farce!!!
My opinion and I know people will disagree, I don't think he will do well. 2 years and he will be back in WSBK!!!

evel ken evil - Unregistered

December 09, 2010 7:42 PM

Who Knows.....well said

for me hed have more credibility if he had won a WSBK championship but he hasnt infact he only had a couple of good races last season

im not the biggest of spies fans but them cleaned up in WSBK and has still struggled his backside off in motogp and now this geezer thinks he can replicate?

like the man said ....2 years and back to WSBK

the next genuine hope the UK has in motogp is scott reading

Give him a break - Unregistered

December 09, 2010 7:43 PM

There will be people who support him and those who don't. Whether cal deserves to be there, or not, is not the point. The point is is that he is in MotoGP so we should all back him and hope he does our nation proud. I for one will be cheering him on. Go cal, prove your doubters wrong on and off the track.

fan - Unregistered

December 09, 2010 7:50 PM

Good point give him a break.

I want to see him succeed but I think he is going to get his four points of contact handed to him his first year. All of it will be determined on how quickly he can adapt. He had a significant amount of more time in WSBK for practices, plus two races per weekend. All that time on the bike and it still took him a while to get to the sharp end. With limited testing and practice I think he will struggle in GP's.

2012 however, I think he will have a much better season.

All this of course is my opinion, your results may vary.

rotsa ruck - Unregistered

December 09, 2010 7:56 PM

I'm not a fan. At all. Crutchlow can ride a motorcycle though and that's what got him into MotoGP. It's his potential that got him there. The raw speed he's shown in WSBK. I for one say, wait and see. No one thought Stoner was gonna win a title in his second year of MotoGP. NO ONE. He came out of the box and surprised everyone. Before anyone starts on about the Ducati this and the Ducati that, he still had to ride the thing. None of his team mates were even close that year...nor the next...nor the next either. Given the steep learning curve involved, he could surprise everyone too. I'm not saying he will....but hell, why couldn't he?

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11  »