MotoGP » Ducati debuts: Rossi, Hayden, Melandri, Stoner

Valentino Rossi's Ducati MotoGP debut compared with Nicky Hayden, Marco Melandri and Casey Stoner before him.

Filter Comments: All | Registered

pauly73

December 13, 2010 11:09 AM

stoner is always fast out of the box and always will be. but its about 18 races and all the stress. of course rossi/ducati wanted to be faster at valencia. ploblem with ducati it does not have good base setup like the M1. at the test rossi rode 6 diferent ducati's, before the test Preziosi told rossi to ingnore lap times and to give them as much info as possible.

Bob Buttamasangy

December 13, 2010 11:28 AM

TedG, it is somewhat speculative as to whether the feedback was good or otherwise. I very much doubt it was useless, but I also doubt it would be wildly different from the feedback they have been getting from the two other world champions in this years team.
Either way, the heart of the bike is already a proven race winner and championship machine, so where to from here for Ducati?

PP1098 - Unregistered

December 13, 2010 2:32 PM

I think by now I read most of the threads, amazing how people forget so easily. I guess this is true for other sports as well ie glorify someone when at top and when restart (excuse the English) condemn him forgetting that he has won so many championships. Same things were said when Rossi joined Yamaha in 04. and he won the championship. Now people judge a 2 day performance of a rider on a new bike with an injured shoulder and with (usually) a clever mind / strategy on how to be quick for the season to come. such little faith. I think first of all all this is unnecessary, championship could go either way noone knows. The only sure thing is that it will be perhaps the best season in a number of years. Cant wait.

Southerner

December 13, 2010 3:02 PM

This thread merely highlights the trend at Ducati in 800GP re their dubutante riders.
And it is sobering,however,not predictive.
Stoner on the pace first time out and success for 4 years running.
Melandri off the pace first time out and failed dismally.
Hayden off the pace and failed 2009,improved 2010,but nothing to shout about.
Rossi off the pace and time will tell.
de Puniet closer to the pace and time will tell.

wosideg

December 13, 2010 5:01 PM

EDIT by CRASH.NET:
Try again without the rider dissing and accusations of dishonesty.
Posted by wosideg (10 hours ago)
Last Edited 8 hours ago

Just got back in to see my post has been deleted?
There was No rider dissing or me calling any one a liar.

Me..referred to Vale as a 'dropout'..I pointed out to him/her that this seemed a "bit strong coming from a Casey fan after 2009" and Caseys time off with illness. Nothing more, nothing less.

Casey did 'drop out' of the 2009 championship CRASH, which I take it you're aware of? so I'm not dissing him now am I?
If you aren't au fait with the 09 season, how the hell did you get the moderators job?
The reasoning behind all this editing is well intentioned but if you're gonna start taking down harmless post..no name calling, swearing or accusations?

TedG

December 13, 2010 5:11 PM

Bob,
I don't disagree, but they do have a track record of winning championships. So it is pretty obvious that they do know a thing or two. Watch the movie Faster and JB says the Rossi had a very good understanding of what is right and wrong with a bike and can communicate.

Twissta

December 13, 2010 6:21 PM

I thinks it is fair too say that many if you have great points for argument. But personally I really believe it's to early to make any assessments, since you wanna make them here is one to think about.

It is my prediction that Rossi and crew will lay claim to a great battle to the world championship, as well as wearing the crown. One must remember he is one of the greatest rider/tuner's of all time. No one can say different, by looking at his past with the Honda, Yamaha
etc....after he left what happened to the bikes?

That's what I thought nothing, given time for his healing and the track time needed to address any of the remaining issues the bike may have I truly believe DUCATI will not only take the championship but start a real revolution in the sport bike industry, with the companies trying too catch up.

We will see if the present world champ can take the M1 to another height? Stoner well can he keep from crashing? there will be no reason or excuse this season he'r riding a Ho

« 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19  »