MotoGP » Rea completes ‘unbelievable’ MotoGP test

No lap times were released by HRC as both Rea and Akiyoshi focused on development of the RC212V.

Don-R

December 17, 2010 4:50 PM

This time last month he'd just had the pin pulled from his wrist and was undergoing pretty gruelling physio, so he wasn't ever going to set the world alight with lap times at this early stage - especially on a track where it rained every day.

Any time on a MotoGP bike is time well spent though, and keeps him firmly on HRC's radar. So a job well done, I'd say.

some1 - Unregistered

December 17, 2010 5:44 PM

It's seem like Stoner's bike. My guess is Honda evaluate Stoner's configurations using an input from a rider that possibly has similar riding attitude. Not a similar riding style.

On the other hand, Rea will missed "his" MotoGP bike and would definitely trying to turn his SBK bike as perfect as the RC212V for his 2011 SBK campaign.

rxracer - Unregistered

December 17, 2010 5:47 PM

"Is that Pedrosa's pocket bike?"

Heh :). Evidentally the offer was to ride Stoner's bike. Haven't got a clue about what difference that makes to.... well anyone, but GPOne said it was Stoners bike. I'm guessing Casey's out throwing a line in somewhere, not caring.

Not an insult. I'm a fan, but I can just imagine him hearing the news, shrugging, and wondering why he was interrupted while baiting his hook.

Is it the 20th of March yet? :) Multiple months without my 'racing sundays'!. I guess F1, NASCAR and V8 Supercars start a bit earlier, but MotoGP is my favourite mistress. Ah well, just have to suck it up.

Southerner

December 17, 2010 7:08 PM

WOW or double WOW Morgue ? Sort of like Stoner's hard charging style.
Solid job and all the best Johnny Rea.
Licking my lips in anticipation.
Look forward to 2012 factory teams within HRC ambit.

elton - Unregistered

December 17, 2010 7:52 PM

I don't know where all these style comparisons between Stoner and Rea come from. They look nothing like eachother on the bike. Maybe they look similiar when they're sliding through the gravel trap?

1 2 3 4  »