MotoGP » Hayden getting heard at Ducati

"Ducati came up with some stuff I asked for. They're definitely listening to me" - Nicky Hayden.

ry - Unregistered

February 07, 2011 12:29 PM

Hayden hasn't gotten along well since the 800's came on board but man I hope the old school dirt track style that we all loved comes back when they go back to 1k's. Sideways in and sideways out baby.

penno - Unregistered

February 07, 2011 12:35 PM

"So what have they listened to Nicky"
"Well, we've now got Pepsi in the fridge now instead of Coke."
"Anything else?"
"Naw that's about it, Casey only drank Coke so I had to do drink it you know, but I really like Pepsi, I asked Vale what he preferred and he said Pepsi too, so it's really great."

RawDawg

February 07, 2011 12:52 PM

I think it's believable.

Nicky has been a hard worker for Ducati and has earn their respect. Where as other riders have thrown in the towel and bail, he's work through his problems and has improved through the season on the Duc. With so limited testing, Ducati doesn't have time to muck about. Surely they are going down all avenues to improve the bike.

G-Banger - Unregistered

February 07, 2011 1:16 PM

Sure hope so,seems to me that Nicky just keeps on giving no matter what.
There is a difference between hearing and listening though.Wonder what the difference in equipment is between the 2 factory riders.

Andy V - Unregistered

February 07, 2011 1:18 PM

Nicky is still one of THE greatest talents in motorcycle racing. In a world where tiny electronic adjustments and that last fraction of a second count, then sure, there are better out there. But put everyone on the same 1000cc prototype next year, and give them a few laps to get comfortable, and I bet he'd be right there at the top. I wondered if he should have had a shot at world superbikes when top factory rides would have been thrown at him after being motogp champ, just to add it to his CV, but fair play for sticking it out in the "top class". Still miss the 990 days though :(

. Lucifer

February 07, 2011 1:31 PM

I like Nicky, and hope he does well, but, I wish he would show a bit of "mongrel" and say "I have a great team mate but I will be doing my utmost to beat him!"
Instead of p!ssing in his pocket.

Never heard a GP rider say his team mate will win races before.

I just hope Ducati give him the same machinery as VR has.

kirk66

February 07, 2011 1:58 PM

Nick's probably the best teammate in the world. He always wants to help. He never throws the team under the bus and he is willing to turn more laps for testing that most riders on the grid. You can scoff all you want but in the grand scheme there are few riders that are willing to go through life being a #2 rider and be happy for it. Will he win another championship. I hope so during the 1000cc years, but it doesn't really matter if he does or not. He's one of the most liked riders on the grid and GP will keep him there until he can't place in the top 15.

hoppy

February 07, 2011 2:27 PM

I know a lot of people on this site love to give Nicky a hard time,but i really like the guy.And lets face it,he has done a damn site better on the Ducati than some other riders who have tried and failed miserably.Nicky keeps trying and is still ahead of his team mate at the moment.Will be interesting to see how they get on together as the season progresses.Hope Nicky does well.

1 2 3 4 5 6  »