MotoGP » Matt Roberts to head BBC MotoGP coverage

Azi Farni takes on pit-lane reporting in a re-shuffle that, as previously confirmed, doesn't include Jennie Gow.

Dray

February 09, 2011 10:58 AM

Who really cares....I get my Motogp from Motogp.com...the wave of the future is Internet TV, Apple TV, Google TV, Hulu, etc...BBC is a dead duck...sooner or later. Accept the future...stop hindering the progress.

Buelliful .

February 09, 2011 11:01 AM

Agreed, this is what they should have done last year.
At least now we'll have someone who is not only passionate about the sport but is also *very* knowledgeable (having previously worked for Dorna for 10 years and lived in Spain for most of that time) someone who presents themself well on-camera AND he can speak Spanish fluently. (Gotta be a plus)

GPFan - Unregistered

February 09, 2011 11:14 AM

"OMG" Matt Roberts words about new pit lane reporter.
"I'm really looking forward to working with Azi Farni, who is an established, enthusiastic and highly respected reporter (how can this be when she has no understanding of how to race), and it is always great fun to work with Charlie and Steve, who need no introduction!

How can this Azi person have any respect when she knows Nothing about Motogp, but at least in keeps it on par with the BBC who are keeping the same two idiots in the commentary box.

My question is why do the BBC bring in the Experts for Tennis (J.McEnroe and other champs for men and women), F1 (Coultard, Jordan, and Brundle), and other major sports but for Motogp they give us these useless people who have no enthusiasm or understanding of what GP racing really is, in fact our race fans accually know more then they do about our sport. Matt Roberts will be good as the presenter but get rid of the rest as it hasn't worked the last 3 year, put people in that can relate

eminusx

February 09, 2011 11:42 AM

Good Move BBC!

Ive always watched Moto / 500 Gp because its a beautiful sport, first and foremost, I couldnt give a toss if theres a hot piece of ass presenting it, im not a 16 year old "dog with two-dicks"...

Suzi Perry was great. . . but it was her enthusiasm and knowledge that endeared me most, not her female assets. Glad the BBC are showing some maturity for once, lets hope Azi is up to the job...good luck to her.

A 1

February 09, 2011 11:42 AM

Good on Matt. Hope he enjoys what he's wished for.

Dray, as I understand you're a colonial cousin accross the pond and don't get the fact we HAVE TO PAY for a licence to watch TV. I live in a world of "I earn, she sorts" and I'm not even sure how much the licence is!!! About £150/$225 I think. For that lovely money you get the right to watch Tv in Uk. BBC cover the MotoGP in Uk for free and thats why people complain of the service because us Limeys have paid for it. I don't as I have Eurospurt but have to watch big boys on the Beeb due to BBC buying rights. If you didn't like the presenters on MotoGp.com you could stop subscription. No Tv licence here means fine and/or PRISON..

1 2 3 4 5 6  »