MotoGP » Pressure increases on Australian GP date change

The Australian Grand Prix could be moved from Phillip Island, or scrapped altogether, if a solution to a proposed date change is not found.

Southerner

February 16, 2011 3:57 PM

For what its worth,I picked up Casey's views on another site.To cut it short,he's saying March or October or whenever is no gig deal,he enjoys the track and hopes it stays on the calender.So do I.
Another thing I've noticed on this thread is a constant refferal to cold track and tyres.
Well,last time I checked, the generator 'winky warmers' can stay on the tyres on the grid,to be removed a couple of seconds before the warm up lap,so they should be pretty sticky off the bat when the lights go out.PI,stand your ground !

GPFan - Unregistered

February 16, 2011 6:18 PM

Hey Carmelo you better close the testing in Europe in the winter months.

TODAY AT ESTORIL

The Moto2 and 125cc Test in Portugal was again heavily affected by rain and wind on Wednesday, forcing many riders to abandon the day's riding completely.

Krummenacher, Smith, Espargar0, Aegerter and Neukirchner all experienced crashes without consequences, and the track was opened to both classes late in the afternoon after the lack of viable time during which to ride in the morning. Activity amongst the 125cc class was almost nil.

hidden agenda - Unregistered

February 16, 2011 8:25 PM

Why was my post deleted Crash?
Not abusive in any way so what gives?
I simply implied that a certain rider was backing the call to change the date of the PI race may have an ulteria motive for doing so.Especially as another certain rider has won there 4 years on the trot!
Lets see if this gets deleted again.Then i will know that this site is biased.
EDIT by CRASH.NET:
Accusations of rider impropriety.

jmnsw

February 16, 2011 11:02 PM

Hidden agenda,

Rossi is on the safety commission along with that other certain rider Casey Stoner. I'm sure if the race gets moved to march the results will stay the same. Its all about safety pal.

BoZz

February 17, 2011 3:17 AM

It's certainly about safety, and from a specators point of view it would be nice to have it a bit warmer so it could be more enjoyable. Rain is rain, I don't care about that.. But the temepratures made it misserable, and when you're paying $1,200 a ticket for an indoor gazebo type of enclosure with no heating and cramped seating I'd rather be at home. Isn't it about the amount of money the sport brings in which is what keeps it all afloat? So why give those of us speccys that desire an adequate facility a 3rd class experience where not even the outdoor elements are constrained. And all 10 blokes on my table voiced the same about not coming again. What a shame.

IzoN - Unregistered

February 17, 2011 3:50 AM

Dorna will happily drop it so that some middle-eastern/far eastern country with no motorcycling history or passion can snap it up.
As long as they pay the cashola Espaleta doesn't care.
Posted by Dooooooood - Unregistered (1 day 13 hours ago)

@ Dooooooood

I would say that seems unfair to them countries.. They might not have history but if you have ever lived there or interacted with them you would know about the passion they have for motorsport..

PI is legendary.. I personally love the track layout.. Its just brilliant for racing and viewing.. And I dont think the rain is a problem.. I remember Sachsenring in 08! Phew that was something.. Issue is temperature.. It would be extremely sad if a title contender goes out due to a cold tire on lap 1..

Kickstand

February 17, 2011 5:36 AM

Cold Tyres? lets talk about cold tyres...
As a humble club racer myself I'd like to let people in on a little secret gained from years of weekend racing without the benefit of fancy electronics, traction control or 'GASP' tyre warmers

You take it easy for the first few laps until the tyres are warm.. THEN let rip!

BRILLIANT! Im just full of good advice like that!

Wasn't a difficult concept for the GP riders of yesteryear to understand, but I guess such common sense must be a bit beyond today's Wunderkinder

« 4 5 6 7 8 9  »