MotoGP » Stoner, Honda complete Sepang domination

The second of the three 2011 pre-season MotoGP tests ends with Casey Stoner fastest on all three days at Sepang II.

supakat - Unregistered

February 24, 2011 11:34 AM

Well i look forward to "mack the knife" or whomever joining the grid when vale retires mid way thro the season, - with your psychic powers you must be in great demand... reality is Rossi headed testing last year and did not win, this is same person you go onto disrespect, you are two faced mate, .... your post " I wouldn't be suprised of Rossi pulls out of the championship half way through the season"
What job do you hold in moto gP son? eh? pls tell us...

Deer Hunter - Unregistered

February 24, 2011 11:41 AM

I wonder about you Superkat and most Rossi supporters thorough knowledge of rimming. Possibly goes with your chocolate snow cones. I think the point is you at least need to be top5 at testing to have a shot at the crown. These bikes are prototypes with limited testing. You have to throw down fast laps to develop.

Stuart - Unregistered

February 24, 2011 11:53 AM

Testing is still testing. One fast lap never won a championship. CS certainly looks fast as do the other Hondas. VR and Ducati seem slow. Lets wait and see. There will be a few more tweeks before the season begins, after all this is only one track. Pesonally I think Yamaha will find a bit extra and AB and Suzuki will have a much better year than last.

supakat - Unregistered

February 24, 2011 12:08 PM

Mr Hunter: dont waste time wondering about me, that is creepy... and where did I say I had alligience to any one, as I said ALL the riders are excellent and people slagging any rider off is thoroughly unsporting. Testing though is approached by each rider on an individual basis and some show nearly all their cards and some show none. It is good to see some going for a time but in the end too many people place faith in testing. Red bull in F1 are a good example of not chasing times but most expect them to be at the sharp end come THE RACES, as will the top riders be in Moto GP regardless of the times this week. I hope ALL of you though enjoy the season , (yes even you Mr Hunter as my remarks are all said in jest to make light of the fact that it gets a little too serious) as one thing most agree on , it will be a classic year - we hope :)

if at first....... - Unregistered

February 24, 2011 1:14 PM

so what is Nicky thinking? 71 laps! and going nowhere, does he even have any idea of what testing is about.

Say what you like, but there will be some serious questions being asked at board level in Ducati, there is more to this than riding around looking sexy in red and yellow, one off fast laps are part of the hype and mojo, if things don't improve radically I give Guareschi till end of April and then he is looking for a new job, and Preziosi will follw by June.

This is a disasterous situation for Ducati and I bet the phones are ringng red hot already from Via Antonio Cavalieri Ducati asking what the bl@@dy hell is going on down there!

Deepree - Unregistered

February 24, 2011 1:28 PM

I would like to see the timesheets of the other Honda riders to be sure. We all know Stoner is unbelievably fast and are not shocked that he's leading the way. He did the same on the Ducati most of the times during testing. So yes, the Honda is fast but how much faster on race pace compare to the competition.
It's hard to read the current state of Yamaha. Ben is new at this and I refuse to use him as a reference. Lorenzo did not seem to improve much from the last Sepang test, at least not his fastest lap time. The jury, IMHO, is still out for Yamaha.
Ducati will probably get faster throughout the season. The question is, will they throw the towel for the 2011 season by summer break to focus on 2012?

rick65

February 24, 2011 1:30 PM

@Realitybites
My mistake - I don't know why I slipped the testing mention in about Ducati's 2010 poor performance at Sepang. I knew that Stoner had lapped quickly there in testing in 2010 because I had considered pointing this out to those that claim that Rossi's current test time is faster than Stoner has ever lapped Sepang on the Ducati.
Re Stoner and development, listening to him discuss his bike settings and changes is always educational and he never gives any indication that he doesn't know what he is talking about.

« 1 2 3 4 5 6 7  »