MotoGP » Sepang II MotoGP test times - Thursday 6pm

Sepang MotoGP lap times as of 6pm on Thursday, at the end of final day of the second official test of 2011.

BoZz

February 24, 2011 10:05 AM

Guys, I'm a Stoner fan... (Don't press the dissagree button yet, 'cause i know what i am.)
Anywho, I also don't discriminate.
It seems to me that MAYBE Rossi is doing a tactic never before seen.. Now I've nothing against him BUT, I read the Autobiography and let's assume for a second that he his still playing mind games, who's to say he's not making the WHOLE field feel sorry for him as they pass him with ease sitting there in a lowly, 'back there' pace! I feel the other riders might just say: "awww, Poor feller" and just let him in all the time.. I'm basing this off a screenshot on CrAsH where it seems Lorenzo is feeling that very emotion.. Now he could be making them feel sorry for him and they might all just let him in! and Viola! he wins!! .. Sure race times might drop 2 seconds a lap, But maybe they've all got sympathy!.. Eh??... Well??..

G-Banger - Unregistered

February 24, 2011 10:13 AM

Stoner seems to be looking more comfortable from these most recent pictures-ie taking charge of the bike instead of just sitting there on it like others.
So it seems he is settling in more and more.How much more is there to come?
Looking forward to finding out.

Ty46 - Unregistered

February 24, 2011 10:17 AM

Guys, have enough brain, and realize, this Honda showoff is not that serious. They do these laps on soft tires, with the bike set up for one fast lap and max fuel consumption... NOT RACE setup. I bet Rossi didn't even have time to go for lap times.

john - RTS - Unregistered

February 24, 2011 10:22 AM

Stoner very impressive but much more impressed with the Honda package, thats some differance over last year. Even Yamaha can't seem to match their pace. As for Rossi I think its going to take him to mid season to make the bike competative and the title could be over by then, my money would be on Dani, he has serious motivation this year, Casey will win races but I think he rides to much on the edge, to much of the time. Roll on the racing !!

say what - Unregistered

February 24, 2011 10:32 AM

@Bozz, I am a Rossi fan and I hope to God u r right about the GOAT stone-walling, but I am deeply worried. First of all, as far as the tests are concerned, the Hondas simply are in another world, let no one tell me tests count for nothing.The Ducati for its part is simply like feet of clay and the whole team looks unhinged and uninspired.The Doctor himself is as untethered as I have even seen him and there is as yet no visible evidence of his much vaunted bike-setting up midas touch.I am doubtful of his morale right now, and particularly concerned that no other rider-Biaggi, Hollywood, Jorge or Casey included- has ever vocalized so much about his illness aka the shoulder. I dont doubt that it has been and probably remains unwell, but man, Rossi has NOT been and is NOT exuding the mood of confidence, almost brashness, positivety and the ability to wring a good result from even the most daunting of situations which is a key reason for why I have been unshakably behind-oh, well you know w

Joeski

February 24, 2011 10:32 AM

A Rossi fan here, but I believe he is struggling, especially on the fast lap. Do not want to speculate but cannot help it. Rossi is smart enough to realize that outright fast laps are not there yet, I will have to say he spent most the day working on race set up as opposed to outright one fast lap times considering the limited testing time. But we also know who can come from 12th to 1st as well. So there should be no dispute about whether Rossi is capable, however the bike may not be there yet (at least in his hands). Yes Casey was something special on the Ducati and if Rossi can replicate Casey's performance last year, 2011 will be a success. My money is on Casey and Ben this year maybe Dani as well, but my loyalty is with Valentino! Hope you prove me wrong! Go Vale! Ohh and go Casey and Ben!!

eminusx

February 24, 2011 10:40 AM

Kinda speaks for itself, but why would Rossi be tactically holding back when:

a) the effectiveness of his mind games would last all of one race?
b) they would have wasted two valuable sepang tests, on new, notoriously difficult machinery playing mind games?

He'll probably bounce back pretty well if they can get to grips with the bike, he is undoubtedly talented, but i think his concern is genuine. . . mine would be looking at the calibre of rider now in the hunt. . . the top 6 is seriously formidable and i'm sure Rossi see's this years competition as the toughest he's ever faced!

cant wait to see the top six battling this year, awesome!

Good on Dani breaking the 2 min barrier also..

P.S not a Rossi fan in the slightest, but i have heard of him.

1 2 3 4 5 6  »